I'm hoping I can dip into the extensive knowledge base on offer here. I'm looking for a place to head to for a night out of the city. I'm a little unsure about various rules governing where and how to camp, so I thought I would tell you what I would like, and ask for suggestions.
The place I am looking for would ideally:
- Be within a couple of hours drive from Sydney
- Be accessable by 2WD vehicles
- Be located near water, so we can go fishing during the day
- There is no need for any facilities at all - in fact, I would prefer if there were none
- Allow campfires and the gathering of wood
Basically, we would like to get to the site by lunchtime saturday, gather wood, start a fire, go fishing or bushwalking, enjoy a few beers around the fire, and be back in Sydney on sunday night.
Does anyone have a specific location they could recommend?
Thank you for your help.