im back from straddie

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

im back from straddie

Postby freerocketman1 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:31 pm

well im back from straddie had a fantastic 7 days relaxing beside the water.didnt catch any eatable size fish but caught a good bottle of scotch :grin: finely had a chance to fully set up my new /old pop up camper & couldnt be happyier,the only disapointing thing was i got boged on the way home but hey thats camping on the beach for you.also tried cooking a pork roast in the camp oven,what can i say but :armsup :armsup :armsup yumm ill never cook a roast in a normal oven again.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby freerocketman1 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:06 pm

better post some pics heyImageImageImage
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Barby-Q » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:23 am

It was a good week for the beach weather wise, How was the fishing?
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Kramer » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:46 am

Looks like you enjoyed yourself, And I love roast pork in the camp oven :armsup :armsup . What sort of facilities does straddie have? I have never been there before and wouldn't mind going over early next year!
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby just_bring_it » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:46 pm

Kramer wrote:Looks like you enjoyed yourself, And I love roast pork in the camp oven :armsup :armsup . What sort of facilities does straddie have? I have never been there before and wouldn't mind going over early next year!

it looks like the op was camping right on the beach? wich has no facilities were off there on boxing day :armsup but to one of the council run campsites wich are on the beach and have toilets, playgrounds and laundrys http://www.more2redlands.com.au/more2/Explore/Camping/
just_bring_it
Boy Scout

Postby Kramer » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:11 am

Thanks for the link looks good! I will be just needing a shower as a week without one I can tend to smell! :-bang I am self suficient except for a shower!
Kramer

Postby Scolers » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:31 am

How much does it cost to get all your gear across?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby freerocketman1 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:54 pm

ok barby-q fishing wasnt flash 2small flathead & a dart but the scotch was good :grin: kramer the only facilities that are on flinders beach is composting toilits the same kind as up at rainbow beach,but there is only a couple,if you camp on main beach there is none.As for water we drove down to amity point as there is a tap in the local park witch is only about 10min down the beach but for main beach its about 20min at low tide.just bring it good luck finding a camp spot at the council run parks its normaly packed during the school holidays.last but not least scolers its $112 for the 4x4 & $23.50 per mtr for a tralier but you can get 10% discount on the car through racq if your a member,but do the right thing if your going to drive on the beach & get a beach permit its $32 for the year as its a $375 fine if you get caught.ps if you do get to camp over at flinders beach the camp site entrances are numbered 1 to 12 there is 2 tolites between 1&6,1between 7&8 & 1 at number 9. I hope this helps with everyones questions if you need more info just ask more than happy to help.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Scolers » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:13 pm

Thanks for the info FreeRocketman!

:armsup

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Barby-Q » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:42 am

As for the beach permit , I've seen council Beach Patrol Officers checking for permits at beach access points over there . So make sure you get a permit .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Kramer » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:36 am

Geez its a bit expensive to get your 4by accross! But I think that the charges onto curtis island here is nearly the same now :( And its no-where near as nice.
Kramer

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:15 pm

Kramer wrote:Geez its a bit expensive to get your 4by accross! But I think that the charges onto curtis island here is nearly the same now :( And its no-where near as nice.

Enter one LARGE, LONG snorkel, and alot of fish oil to stop the rust, and who needs a barge :armsup :***
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby just_bring_it » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:48 am

freerocketman1 wrote:ok barby-q fishing wasnt flash 2small flathead & a dart but the scotch was good :grin: kramer the only facilities that are on flinders beach is composting toilits the same kind as up at rainbow beach,but there is only a couple,if you camp on main beach there is none.As for water we drove down to amity point as there is a tap in the local park witch is only about 10min down the beach but for main beach its about 20min at low tide.just bring it good luck finding a camp spot at the council run parks its normaly packed during the school holidays.last but not least scolers its $112 for the 4x4 & $23.50 per mtr for a tralier but you can get 10% discount on the car through racq if your a member,but do the right thing if your going to drive on the beach & get a beach permit its $32 for the year as its a $375 fine if you get caught.ps if you do get to camp over at flinders beach the camp site entrances are numbered 1 to 12 there is 2 tolites between 1&6,1between 7&8 & 1 at number 9. I hope this helps with everyones questions if you need more info just ask more than happy to help.

yeah heard its busy over the holidays but a but we know a ranger over there through a freind of ours so hoping they might help us with getting a decent site will just have to be extra nice to them :***

how did you find the mozzies iv heard they get quite bad too?
just_bring_it
Boy Scout

Postby freerocketman1 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:46 pm

the mozzies wernt to bad they came around at about 6pm & disappered around 8pm this was also the case with the sandies but they came around between the same times in the morning as well.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Return to General Chit-Chat