Birdsville Races 4th & 5th Sept 2009

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Re: Birdsville Races 4th & 5th Sept 2009

Postby stevec » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:02 pm

Yeah that would help wouldnt it :) :)

From Brisvegas to Birdsville

Cheers,
Steve
stevec
Boy Scout

Postby AussieSunset » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:42 pm

gypsylady wrote:Well I am sorry you are missing out on this adventure AS. And your B-I-L could do an axle anywhere, anytime.

Yeah he could but he's a big girls blouse lol scared of a little bit (200+kms) of dirt/gravel :*** He's worried theres corrugation of the road and it shakes the burgesses out of his caravan. Which i do understand but taken easily it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I think the bloke that spoke to him was a rev head and probably was going to fast for the road and he broke stuff. You get that hey.
I did say to him why don't we just tent it but my sis don't want to go out and by a tent for just that so they are going to set up inside the towing van to sleep in so i will tent it next year which is cool with me. I'll just have to have my adventure next year coz I'm not going to let him forget it lol lucky he loves his nagging little sister in law hey lol

stevec the last i think it's about 200+ kms is dirt/gravel coming from Windorah. It's graded the week before the races and as the CP owner said it's pretty good.
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:17 pm

stevec wrote:Yeah that would help wouldnt it :) :)

From Brisvegas to Birdsville

Cheers,
Steve

The road in is not too bad at all Steve and taken at a moderate pace will be fine. What AS says is usually true also, the week before the races the road is usually graded. Also remember to lower your tyre pressures.

Windorah to B'ville is just under 400klms and some of it is sealed but not all. I would recommend that you ring the police station in Windorah and ask them for particulars. You will also need to check road conditions just before you leave in case they have had rain.

I actually thought it was more than 200klms of dirt more like 280 klms. It is black top to the Farrars Creek turnoff

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:20 pm

AussieSunset wrote:
the CP owner said it's pretty good.

Just as a point of interest AS, the owner of the Birdsville CP actually lives up on the sunshine coast.....he puts managers in to run it for him.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:27 pm

SOOO disappointing AS, yes us tuff camping girls that get stuck with a woosy bloke can be a pain. I drove out to Wee Waa once with my brother we were there one day and he wanted to go home because he missed his wife.Just as well it was my car and i told him to go catch the bus as i didn`t drive 8 hours to stay one day,he didn`t take the bus but winged the next 5 days.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby AussieSunset » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:01 pm

gypsylady wrote:
AussieSunset wrote:
the CP owner said it's pretty good.

Just as a point of interest AS, the owner of the Birdsville CP actually lives up on the sunshine coast.....he puts managers in to run it for him.

Oh ok well it was the person who's at the CP now anyway. I gather you know the owners then GL?

Yeah these woosy men are sad aren't they PJ lol
Life is what happens when you've made other plans. :)
AussieSunset
Blatant Padder

Previous

Return to Groups & Activities