A Queensland Joke

Heard anything funny today about our pollies (their always good for a laugh). Get in touch with that inner Irishman and let’s hear a joke or two.

A Queensland Joke

Postby amanda » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:09 pm

It is well known that humor is regional, but this is the first joke that I can say is truly Queenslander:

At a national conference of the Australian Hotels Association, the general managers of Cascade Brewery ( Tasmania ),
Tooheys ( New South Wales ), XXXX ( Queensland ), CUB ( Victoria ) and Coopers ( South Australia ) found
themselves sitting at the same table for lunch.

When the waitress asked what they wanted to drink, the GM of Tooheys said without hesitation, "I'll have a Tooheys New.."

To which the boss of Coopers rejoined, "I'll have a Coopers, the King of Beers."

And the bloke from Cascade asked for "a Cascade, the cleanest draught on the planet."

The General Manager of Carlton & United paused a moment and then placed his order: "VB."

The head of XXXX smiled and said "I'll have a Diet Coke."

The others looked at him has if he had sprouted a new head.

"Well," he said with a shrug, "if you poofters aren't drinking beer, then neither will I."
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: A Queensland Joke

Postby cokebottle » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 pm

:*** Yes I can see a Qld'er saying that, when I was about 18 some mates & I were staying near Archerfield & we went to the speedway, I walked up to the beer tent (with XXXX plastered all over it) & said "do you have Tooheys?"

The guy behind the bar said "NO mate this is f**Kin Queensland, you must be a bloody C.ockroach!" he thrust a XXXX in my hand, took my money & laughed.

I took my XXXX & made a hasty exit with my tail between my legs :oops:

Michael
Last edited by cokebottle on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cokebottle
Blatant Padder

Re: A Queensland Joke

Postby amanda » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:41 pm

I like that story! :+
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Friday’s Funny