Black Wolf review

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Black Wolf review

Postby Dettie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:50 pm

I have a huge taj-mah-tent that is great for when my dude ;) and teenager come too but I'm taking my 11 yo son camping (just the two of us) and being the little thing that I am, I needed something I could manage on my own. So after reading lots on this site, I ended up buying the Black Wolf here
http://www.blackwolf.com.au/classic/mojave4/ which weput up in the back yard on the weekend. What I like most about it is the extra ventilation. Coleman are USA owned and built for the colder US climate but Black Wolf cater to the Aussie climate conditions. So far, I'm very impressed. It only took about 15 mins to put up... bonus! Can't wait to use it properly in the October school hols :)

Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Re: Black Wolf review

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:59 am

I bet you can't Dettie......It's always great looking forward to the next camp. I reckon I live in constant 'preparation mode'....once one is over I am back planning the next one.

Glad to hear you are really pleased with your tent. It will make your camping life much more comfortable.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Dettie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:08 pm

Thanks Gypsy... I'm constantly planning the next trip at the very least too. I've been doing a bit of OS traveling the past few years and really missed camping without even realising. lol

Thanks for all your input on the forum. I find your posts always to be useful. Thanks!

Dettie
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:58 pm

Dettie wrote:Thanks for all your input on the forum. I find your posts always to be useful. Thanks!

Dettie

Happy to help Dettie...
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby 4OFUS » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:00 pm

We have a Black Wolf and love the speed in which you can put it up. We did have a bif family size one with 4 rooms that took about1hr to set up.
The BW are well ventilated. One thing to watch is that some of our screws on the frame have loosened over time, so make sure you check quickly when you are putting up or down that they are secure.
One thing I dont like is that you cant peg out the windows flaps to give shade but leave open.
4OFUS
Boy Scout

Postby cherish3 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:38 pm

Dettie

I read that the BW tent floor is thin. Could you let me know if they are? I am looking to buy the same model as you, except it is the 6person version.

Thanks in advance.

Eric
cherish3
Boy Scout

Postby Dettie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:38 pm

Hi Cherish

I just replied to your PM. I think the floor is fine. If you're concerned, perhaps a tarp underneath? I found the same thing as 4ofus - I was really impressed with the ease and time it took to put it up.

Dettie
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Return to Gear Guide