QLD- ISland Reach

Re: QLD- ISland Reach

Postby ScottyB » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Thanks for the heads up GL and MC.

Even thinking about inviting the outlaws up to camp with us. We have 12v with solar or 240v, I might even try to get a powered site as the esky might get a fair work out catering for the extra adults.

Just a question .... whats the rates like and should I book ahead? Most reviews mentioning price are probably a little out of date, and I would like to book ahead since we will need a little extra space to wedge mum and dad outlaw in their tent next to us.
ScottyB
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:08 pm

Cut from their webpage Scotty... http://www.ircamping.com.au/

Here at Island Reach we believe our price structure will suit everybody.

Nightly Prices

Double Adult Power $18.00

Single Adult Power $12.00

Adult $ 6.00

Child (3-16yrs) $ 3.00

Day Visitor (Holiday surcharges apply) $ 2.00

If you want a powered site then I suggest that you definitely book as powered sites are limited.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:35 pm

They are lovely people, my brother and his family visited me when i was there and they woudln`t accept the day fee because my brother helped he unload a ute.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:46 pm

I totally agree PJ
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby ben... » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:59 pm

think the fees have gone up as we just got back from 2 nights up there, and i think we were charged a couple of dollars more than the above quoted family price. However that being said, its not going to break the bank, still a very cheap place to stay with our dogs, and great clean facilities. Something to note, dont camp near the LARGE tree (might be a fig?) as it gets infested with bats at night until about 2-3am. Not sure if this is seasonal... however they are VERY loud at night.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:42 pm

There is a surchage over the xmas holiday period, maybe this is what you paid for Ben.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby ScottyB » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:58 pm

Thanks Ben, PJ and GL.

I spoke to them on the phone the other day and on first impressions they seem really nice and accomodating.

Still haven't decided to go powered or unpowered yet. I can either go powered, or run the 2 deep cycle batteries with a solar panel so Ben I won't be too close to that tree anyway as I will most likely be chasing the sun. Its just great to have so many options in the one place though. I don't get away that often with my work so I do lots of research before I go ahead with a place to camp.

Pregnant wife who suffers a bit under the extra load wants to be close to the amenities. Also helpful with an almost fully toilet trained toddler too. Even though I have the self contained toilet and shower etc etc its good to take a lot less gear when there are amenities provided.

As always the wife and the girls are very much looking forward to the trip, its one of the few times they get total time and devotion from dad without the distractions of being at work or on call. Even the dog has a spring in his little step. Although .... that pub nearby doesn't happen to have a TAB does it? If so, daddy might be going for "a walk" around Saturday afternoon .....

I will post a report on my return .... I might even learn how to upload photos into the forum.
ScottyB
Captain Camping

Postby ben... » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:30 pm

i would say it does have a TAB, don't think the locals would be driving to gympie to place bets.
ben...
Post Machine!

Postby ScottyB » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:46 pm

ben... wrote:i would say it does have a TAB, don't think the locals would be driving to gympie to place bets.

Bugger. 8)

Now I have to work out where to stash the money I will hand over to the good people at the TAB. Why don't camper trailers have a secret pocket hidden in them somewhere for such things?

Don't worry everyone .... I only bet small .... its just the thrill of backing a winner I chase .... not the big winnings.
ScottyB
Captain Camping

Postby kalouise » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Just got back from Island Reach and we had an absolutely fantastic time! Would highly recommend it for kids - shallow water to canoe on and nice temperature too! The kitchen was very "ugh" when we were there - needed a good clean but everything worked and the managers were right on it when we ran out of gas for the stove. Hot showers worked beautifully and having the town next door is so convienent for a trip for ice cream with the kids. GREAT playground just a couple minutes walk down the street into town.
kalouise
Boy Scout

Postby Franzy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:09 pm

Heading to Island Reach with the in-laws this weekend. :) Their first camping trip in their new,second-hand camper. :armsup Our third trip this year with our son,whose 10 months old.Hope it's not too hot for us. :beer
Work always gets in the way of camping. :)
Franzy
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:46 am

Get down under the big trees and you will be right Franzy.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dea » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:51 pm

this place looks great ....might be a place to go to ....
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:44 pm

dea wrote:this place looks great ....might be a place to go to ....

It is great dea....no question about it.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Franzy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:41 pm

Thanks for the info Gypsylady.We camped under the big fig tree up the top across from the amenities block.Fruitbats had a party at nighttime,but didn,t create too much of a hassle.Had a great time,not too many people there.Price has gone up to $8.00 per adult per night. :cheers
Work always gets in the way of camping. :)
Franzy
Boy Scout

PreviousNext

Return to Queensland