wooyung beach holiday park *PET FRIENDLY*

Questions, answers, tips and more about camping with pets.

wooyung beach holiday park *PET FRIENDLY*

Postby madcamper » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:51 pm

Hi Guys,
Not sure if this site is listed in the 'pet friendly' section, but we spent the weekend here and they allow dogs in the camping and caravan section but not in the cabin section. Lovely place, just 6kms past Pottsville, if you like camping near the beach. Check out this site if you are interested. www.wooyungbeach.com.au Hope this helps those that love camping with their 4 legged children....
Cheers Madcamper
madcamper
Camping King

Re: wooyung beach holiday park *PET FRIENDLY*

Postby jakesmum » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:12 am

Hi All,
We stayed at this park probably 5 years ago with our Labrador who would have been 9 at the time so he was very quiet. Within the first five minutes of arriving we got abused by a permanent resident for not having our boy tied up. He was just sniffing around our vehicle on our site with his lead on while we were setting up.
We are experienced campers and always follow the rules regarding our dog, and realise he should have been secured properly but this bloke was way over the top. Along with the filthy amenties, the rude permanent turned us off this spot and we have never been back.
Would be interested to know of more recent experiences there.
jakesmum

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:17 am

There is often a bit of a barrier between permanents and holiday makers......If I have to use a CP, I try to use one that does not have permanents.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:52 pm

I've often driven past this place and thought that the permanent vans looked really decrepit, so I've never bothered to check it out any further due to it being far from appealing as you drive by. It's in a great spot, but it just looks a bit "yick" to me.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camping with Pets