CUSTOMLINE Deluxe Off Road Camper Trailer

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

CUSTOMLINE Deluxe Off Road Camper Trailer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:25 am

We are looking to update our CT and really liked the setup and price of the Customline.

Has anyone got one or have an opinion on what they are like.

Our only problem is we live in Central West NSW and can't get to QLD to look at one set up. If anyone living in NSW has one we could look at that would be fantastic.

Any reviews would be massively appreciated. :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: CUSTOMLINE Deluxe Off Road Camper Trailer

Postby dea » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:08 pm

looks great !!! i have seen them set up at camping & caravan show .... also check out www.madaboutyoucampers.com.au

we got ours from here .
enjoy
dea
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:58 pm

Thanks Dea.
I wish Customline had somewhere in NSW where we could see one as we have just decided to trade up and missed the Penrith show by two weeks :(
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Cheiffy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:19 pm

From what I have seen of the Customline range of trailers, they are a pretty well made camper.

It may pay for you to make a weekend trip up here (Brisbane) next month for the pre Xmas camping sale on at the RNA Showgrounds. Most of the local trailer manufacturers will be there and I have no doubt that you will save enough to cover your weekend away as they always have there show specials happening.

Cheers
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby amanda » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:16 am

It is a pity you aren't up here - they had one fully set up for sale at the Tweed Heads Tender Centre on the weekend. It will be interesting to see what they get for it.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:58 am

Thanks Cheiffy but with three kids and being at least 14 hours driving time from Brisbane we won't be able to get there. :cry:
Was thinking someone in NSW might have one we could look at, might even ring Ian back and maybe he can put us in touch with someone. ::)
Will just keep looking and maybe get lucky :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:19 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:Thanks Cheiffy but with three kids and being at least 14 hours driving time from Brisbane we won't be able to get there. :cry:
Was thinking someone in NSW might have one we could look at, might even ring Ian back and maybe he can put us in touch with someone. ::)

You might want to have a look at this site xmasbaby http://www.campertrailers.org/
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 am

Thanks gypsy we are very familiar with that website, hubby loves it. ::)

Have been back in touch with Ian at Customline and he has been exceptionally helpful. He is getting back to me today to arrange for us to have a look at one close to us. He & his team have been really good and if this is what it is like to deal with Customline we may have one before Xmas hols (fingers crossed) :cheers
Were looking at Camel brand also but hubby has his heart set on the Customline and has for about 3 years. :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Cheiffy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:41 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:Thanks Cheiffy but with three kids and being at least 14 hours driving time from Brisbane we won't be able to get there. :cry:

You are more than welcome. I have been to the Customline factory in Beenleigh as I did look at theirs before buying elsewhere. They do appear to be a well built trailer and were easy to deal with at the time. Another good camper trailer site is the http://myswag.org/forum/index.php which is all about campers and is another useful forum.

Happy hunting.
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby doakley » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi we looked at Customline campers when we were looking. We wanted the 12ft version but the door was in the wrong place for us to fit 3 beds in. The door is at the far end of the tent, we wanted one with the door close to the trailer so that we could maximise the room. (hope that makes sense :) ). Other than that we quite liked them.

We ended up going with Modcon Campers at Capalaba in Brisbane.
doakley
Boy Scout

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:55 am

Thanks Doakley.
We ended up having a look at one a couple of hours from us last weekend and loved it.

The door is near the trailer end(kitchen & bed) and we will fit our 3 (2 at the end of next year) kid's swags in the 12ft no probs.

We have a custom made CT at the moment and it is only 10ft and have a door either side at the end of the tent and we fit all 3 kids in there (a little squished but OK) without much fuss so 12ft will be plenty.

After seeing the Customline on the weekend we called Ian and put in an order for one and it should be here end of Nov ::) ::) ::)

Just have to sell the other one now :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:02 pm

Good on you....congratulations and good luck with moving the existing one.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks gypsy.... very excited will be a long two months now.... :***

Hopefully it won't take long to sell the other CT, thought we might start with maybe ads on ebay, trading post and campertrailers.org.

Do you know if the second hand CT's sell on quickly or are people preferring new??
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:34 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote:
Do you know if the second hand CT's sell on quickly or are people preferring new??

It depends on what price bracket it is in. The cheaper ones usually sell pretty quickly especially with xmas coming up.

I have been watching a couple on the CT site, well one in particular and whilst I personally think it is priced well....I noticed it has not yet moved.

You are definitely selling at the right time with xmas holidays coming up and in the summer months and use this in you advert.

When I sold my soft floor CT I did not even get to advertise it....one person talking to another and the first person to view it bought it. I do think I was very lucky though.

I would also do up a flyer....with a pic or 2 and ALL the features noted and put it up on all the notice boards you have access to....both electronic & hard copy.

If you have no immediate need to use it, I would start now. That will give you heaps of time.

Cheers Gypsy....
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:45 am

Thanks gypsy for all your info you are a very smart cookie. :?#
Thanks again :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Next

Return to Camper Trailers