I've done it!!! Family camping trip!!

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

I've done it!!! Family camping trip!!

Postby Woodsy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:15 pm

I have finally got a majority of the family to agree to a family camping trip! So i have to find an area that is large enough to cater for all of us. They are all in Sydney so we would need somewhere not too far away as being Sydney siders they hate going where they are 2 minutes from a shop.. A suggestion was also made that there should be some cabins available for afew nights for the people who won't sleep in a tent... Pikers... now i know some of you have hit the caravan parks etc and i would like your opinions on a good spot.. no matter where it is... it must have flushing toilets....

Anyone got a goody?
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Re: I've done it!!! Family camping trip!!

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Can't help Josh with any recommendations but I can CONGRATULATE you on a job well done.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Woodsy » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks Gypsy. Afew of them are against camping in winter etc.. They reckon its to cold.. But i would rather be sitting next to an open fire than sweating my bum off in summer... They just dont get it...
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:17 pm

Woodsy wrote:Thanks Gypsy. Afew of them are against camping in winter etc.. They reckon its to cold.. But i would rather be sitting next to an open fire than sweating my bum off in summer... They just dont get it...

You got my vote Josh.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Blue Bravo » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:06 pm

Josh - there are several choices down there on the Central Coast - fairly easy for you and your family to get to. Close enough to shops to keep the ladies happy. The NRMA puts out a guide each year listing the parks and facilities and charges.
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby dea » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:28 am

enjoy .. we are doinga family trip in jan !!!! cant wait for it ...
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:08 pm

You could always try one of the Big4 parks near sydney or even down the south coast.

We stayed in a Big 4 in Swan Hill, VIC Xmas hols (Boxing Day onwards) last year and are staying at the one in Deniliquin this Xmas with my parents (caravanners) and my brother (cabin as his wife doesnt camp!!). We go more for the river spots rather than coastal as they are usually chokkas and hubby loves to fish and we also waterski.

There's a Big 4 at Lake Conjola. Not sure what the parks like but it's a beautiful spot as the in-laws have a house near there at Manyana, only problem would be that the only shops are the general store. Very pretty part of the world though.

Also there are supposed to be some lovely national parks in the Blue Mountains, a girlfriend was talking about one the other day near Glenbrook. But I don't know much about it but someone else on here may.
Good luck with your preparations and who knows maybe next year they will go a bit further afield???? :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camping Tips and Locations