wanting to buy a C/T any help with these two brands ??

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

wanting to buy a C/T any help with these two brands ??

Postby MICK C » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Hi there,
I am looking at buying a new C/T as mentioned in a previouse post. ( I have managed to find one to hire and try out first).But i am now "reseaching" one to buy.
Had a look at the camping show last weekend and was wondering if anybody can shed some light eg. pro's and con's on these two following C/T'S

One from GIC http://WWW.GICCAMPERS.COM.AU ( extreme off road camper trailer package $5400)

The other from kangarroo tent city http://www.kangarootentcity.com.au/welcome/page43.php
Kangaroo Camper Deluxe Off-Road Model fitted to 7'X4' heavy duty off-road trailer - $7699

Any help on any of these would be fantastic. As like most people we are on a budget but want the best possible quality for our $$. I know that Australian 15oz Canvas is the go, but like anything that is top quality it is expensive. Both these above trailers tents are made from a cheaper canvas probably imported from China ( OZTRAIL, i think are the manufactures of the tent)
Thanks,
Mick
MICK C

Re: wanting to buy a C/T any help with these two brands ??

Postby freerocketman1 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:01 pm

just had a look at the web sites you put up ide say go for the gic camper. but do your self a favour before you buy it see if you can get a better water tank set up. e.g the braceing that holds it & also a locking water tank filler.
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Postby Derek Bullock » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:07 pm

Have you checked out second had ones. Neither of those two look like they are quality canvas.

I am looking at replacing mine with Mark II before to long as I am looking at a different style of travel/camping and will be looking for a sale. $12,000 replacement new but second hand possibly two thirds of that. Have a look at it here http://www.aussiecampovencook.com/homeawayfromhome.htm
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby double_d » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:33 pm

i am also looking at maybe selling mine
cavalier camper
16 foot inside
12 foot annex
if you know of anyone interested

daniel d
double_d
Captain Camping

Postby true salt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:33 pm

I have a GIC camper and love it. The canvas is 15oz ripstop, cant see how you can get better than that...... The trailers are oz made and for the price, it is unbeatable!!

The only negatives are the only access is through the trailer door or the two panels under the bed. Saying that, it is now an option available to fit gas struts to lift the whole tent part for better access whilst packing with the tent stowed. Also the awning framing takes a bit getting used to for setup, but once sussed is not too bad. Oh and the price was awesome!! $4400!!! with full annex! :+

I highly recommend the GIC trailer, I bought the off road model, which is the mid range
I Told You So, Johnny Warren

Victory in South Africa 2010!!
true salt
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:03 am

MICK C wrote:Hi there,

( OZTRAIL, i think are the manufactures of the tent)
Thanks,
Mick

There is nothing wrong with Oztrail camper tents. I have across a few and have not heard one camplaint yet. Canvas has come a long way in recent years and changed quite considerably and I don't think out attitudes have kept pace with the changes.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:12 am

Derek wrote:Have you checked out second had ones.

This is also seriously worth considering..... My first CT was a pre loved one and with 15oz heavy duty canvas. The CT was very good and complete with off road independent suspension which of course made it much taller than the standard trailer. I must say the canvas was extremely heavy and very difficult to fold back up on top of the trailer and this was the very reason I upgraded.......just simply to get a CT that I could pack up on my own.

I believe that pre loved is a good option as you will get it optioned up more and know it has proven itself, any issues that may have been there will have been sorted. Value for money.

Definitely worth considering IMO.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camper Trailers