Pressure Cooker Camping

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Pressure Cooker Camping

Postby OzeBoy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:07 pm

I've recently come across the world of pressure cookers and am keen to take my pressure cooker camping from now on. The ones around today are 100% safe.
I was wondering whether anyone else uses one when camping? They are so convenient!
OzeBoy
Camping King

Re: Pressure Cooker Camping

Postby Derek Bullock » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:17 pm

Years ago I always took my old Namco Pressure Cooker camping. Made many a quick and good meal in it.

Cut a whole chicken into pieces and brown them in the cooker without the lid. Sprinkle on seasoning of your choice, pop the lid on and pressure cook for 20 minutes and you basically have roasted chicken. :P

Also great for doing thick nourishing stews in winter.

That was before I discovered the joys of camp oven cooking and today I don't even own a pressure cooker. :shock:

Derek
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Re: Pressure Cooker Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:40 pm

I have one but it is in the back of the cupboard somewhere......have not used it in many years. I am sure all the seals would need replacing by now.

With a Dream Pot and 2 camp ovens I would not even consider going back.....but to each his own.

If you have one and like to use it ...........I say Go For It OzeBoy.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations