The Island Caravan Village - Port Stephens

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

The Island Caravan Village - Port Stephens

Postby 4800Patrol » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:29 pm

Decided to join this site today and are amazed at all the great post that i have read already - anyway down to business.

The family and I are looking at staying at the Island Caravan Village by means of camping between Xmas and New Year. It is near Bobs Farm on Port Stephens.

We are hoping to mainly go boating, with a lot of fishing and free boarding behind the boat.

Does anyone have any information either good or bad?
4800Patrol
Boy Scout

Postby amanda » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:54 pm

Sorry, can't help you with any information on the area, but just wanted to welcome you to the forum anyway.
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Scolers » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:34 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Try this site ... http://home.vicnet.net.au/~badger04/parks_n0.htm

Not sure if your caravvan park is there but there are at least 5 others.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby bockstar » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:46 am

I haven't heard of Island Village although I've been to One Mile Beach CP at Anna Bay (1km north of Anna Bay along Gan Gan Rd) many times. Excellent place and in fact we're back up there at the end of November.

Cheers.
bockstar
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:22 pm

Haven't been to that specific park but if your up that way as said 1mile beach is awesome and the water is pretty shallow so good for swimming especially if you have kids.

And since you've got a patrol take the time to go down to Stockton beach and cruise around on the sand dunes its great fun :armsup (and you can try free boarding behind the patrol if you've got an old bodyboard :mrgreen: )
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby 4800Patrol » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:27 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:Haven't been to that specific park but if your up that way as said 1mile beach is awesome and the water is pretty shallow so good for swimming especially if you have kids.

And since you've got a patrol take the time to go down to Stockton beach and cruise around on the sand dunes its great fun :armsup (and you can try free boarding behind the patrol if you've got an old bodyboard :mrgreen: )

Thanks for the info, I have been to Stockton dunes/beach may a time, they are great fun and my aim is too always find the highest one.
4800Patrol
Boy Scout

Return to Camping Tips and Locations