Where's everyone going camping this summer?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Where's everyone going camping this summer?

Postby garbage » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:27 am

Have been away from this forum over the winter and am looking forward to more camping in the warmer weather! Where's everyone camping this summer? As for me, I'll be in Green Patch, Jervis Bay. Fortunate enough to get my name drawn out of the hat for the Christmas - New Year period.
garbage
Camping Veteran

Re: Where's everyone going camping this summer?

Postby markcrook » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:02 pm

So far we have booked Dongara Dennison Beach Caravan Park http://ddbeachholidaypark.com/ for 5 nights over the October school holidays, my parents are taking their caravan and us in the CT. Great site right on the beach for fishing & surfing.

We are going to Bussleton, staying at Peppermint Park Eco Village http://www.peppermintpark.com.au/ for the week before Christmas, we come home Christmas eve.

At the end of February we have got 5 nights in a campervan, driving from Alice to Ayres Rock Resort (2 nights) then Kings Canyon (2 nights) then 1 night in the Big 4 in Alice.

We will also get away as many weekends as we can (usually about 1 in 3) in the CT, usually head south to Bunbury, Bussleton or Maragret River which will all be closer when the freeway extension opens on the 20th September (should take ½ an hour off the journey).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby dea » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:58 pm

we are doing a week in sept holidays at happy hallidays in forster ... then a week at neurem crk in nov ... another week at coolumunda dam in jan .. & some weekend trips in between all that ... loving it ... we have only had CT for about 3 months & we just keep planning so many trips lol ...
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby Bradd » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:49 pm

Summer ?

I still haven't organised Sept school holidays and they are only a week away lol
Plan is to check out 90 mile beach / Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park
But all plans revolve around 15 yo's Football,
there is at least 1 match in the 1st week of holidays assuming he doesn't get cut.

Summer will hopefully be somewhere near river / lake / other calm water
Should have a Canoe by then (said that about last summer)
But if not I should be able to borrow brothers sit on top double kayak type thingi.
Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations.
When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin
Bradd
Camping Oracle

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:17 pm

garbage wrote:Have been away from this forum over the winter and am looking forward to more camping in the warmer weather! Where's everyone camping this summer? As for me, I'll be in Green Patch, Jervis Bay. Fortunate enough to get my name drawn out of the hat for the Christmas - New Year period.

Have you been before. Have never camped but visited it once.
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby garbage » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Derek wrote:
Have you been before. Have never camped but visited it once.

Fantastic spot, Green Patch, and the difficulty getting spots in summer reflects this. The beaches have the whitest sand of any mainland beach in Australia. Very good facilities too.
garbage
Camping Veteran

Postby Dettie » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:52 am

I've booked a week at Seal Rocks in January and still deciding where to go after that. We'll probably head north :)

I've never ben to Seal Rocks but have heard it's a great spot!
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby amanda » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:29 am

So far I've got a weekend at Flat Rock (Ballina) planned in October, and a week at Iluka in November planned. We won't be going anywhere over the Christmas break as the family is visiting, however we will be doing an overnighter on New Years Eve to Jondaryan Woolshed (west of Toowoomba) for their NYE Bush Dance. It's a heap of fun with a spit roast dinner on the night, and bush breakfast in the morning. You can camp in the woolshed grounds for $11 per night for 4 people, so it's a bargain, and a fantastic family night for everyone.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby jezzabel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:12 am

Lake Tabourie for the Oct break & Trial Bay, South West Rocks, after New year. Probably a little 3 day weekender @ Pretty Beach before the Chrismas break as well.
jezzabel
Boy Scout

Postby garbage » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:03 pm

jezzabel wrote:Lake Tabourie for the Oct break & Trial Bay, South West Rocks, after New year. Probably a little 3 day weekender @ Pretty Beach before the Chrismas break as well.

Trial Bay is great! Don't forget to pack the insect repellent :D
garbage
Camping Veteran

Postby caveman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi

Take off Sunday in our CT, 2 nights in Nambucca, 3 at Yamba and 5 in Byron Bay. Prob. camp at Coffs for a few nights on the way home. Will be staying in various holiday parks and doing plenty of kayaking, MTB and hopefully enjoying some warmer salt water during the day and relaxing :beer at night, all to do it again the next. Looked at weather forecasts earlier today and it seems Hughie will be following us all the way up the coast. Gotta love it.

Boys are bouncing around like maggots on a hot chop. :?#
caveman
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:43 pm

Where in Yamba are you staying caveman??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby caveman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Booked in at Big 4 Clarence Coast. Not sure exactyl where it is but I think the river is nearby for some fishing. We have never been to Yamba but have heard a bit about it as a great spot. Will give it a go and see how we go.
caveman
Boy Scout

Postby Derek Bullock » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:40 pm

caveman wrote:Booked in at Big 4 Clarence Coast. Not sure exactyl where it is but I think the river is nearby for some fishing. We have never been to Yamba but have heard a bit about it as a great spot. Will give it a go and see how we go.

http://clarence-coast-resort.nsw.big4.com.au/
Derek Bullock
Camp Oven KING!

Postby caveman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:42 am

Thanks Derek. Looks like the kids will have a ball but kids getting away wherever will have a ball. Surrounded by some water which may be good for some early morning drifting and flicking a plastic from the kayak before everyone wakes. I looked at the map and didn't really show the Clarence coneecting the ocean??

1 more sleep, can't wait to take off.
caveman
Boy Scout

Next

Return to Camping Tips and Locations