WOODENBONG/URBENVILLE NSW. ANYGOOD TO CAMP THERE?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

WOODENBONG/URBENVILLE NSW. ANYGOOD TO CAMP THERE?

Postby Smileandhug » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has camped around this area as the map shows a few camping areas. Its located approximately 50km south of Rathdowney on the Mt Lindsay highway. Just looking to take my 2WD ute and my CT there and looking for water for swimming etc.
Any comments be appreciated and I am open to options for around this area as I never been in that area before? Going Boxing Day to New Year period. Thanks Geoff
I AM LIKE A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH WATER IN IT - I AM WELL
Smileandhug
Camping Veteran

Re: WOODENBONG/URBENVILLE NSW. ANYGOOD TO CAMP THERE?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:47 pm

The only place I know in this area is Levuka www.levuka.com.au

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Cheiffy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm

I 2nd Gypsy's suggestion. Levuka is a great stop. There is also the Tooloom Falls which are located south west of Urbenville. Not too sure abouyt camping here though.
Please sir, Can I have some more? Time off that is.

"Hard at it"
Fruit Bat Falls, Cape York
Cheiffy
Captain Camping

Postby Al&Sharon » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:27 am

Hi Geoff clarence river wilderness retreat is 1, great swimming hole, canoes (free) panning of gold (free) great campsites bit of a steep drive in but 2 wheel drives is ok. Rate per adult per night $10.00 Rate per child per night $5.00
http://www.clarenceriver.com/index.html, fires allowed no pets, Secluded campsites are also available on other parts of the property, where you need to bring your own shower and toilet facilities, or you can always drive up to toilets and showers,as some do you would love this place.
Levuka is great however it is a 4x4 park, but still great camping and absolutley lovely bush walks dogs and fires allowed. Alan
Al&Sharon
Post Machine!

Return to Camping Tips and Locations