The official Pad/Chit chat thread...

A place to talk about anything well just about anything (this is a family show remember).

Postby Scolers » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:52 pm

Kramer wrote:Everyone seems to be going camping, I have to work the next 2 weekends :(

I might throw some fuel in the cruiser and go for a 4WD Saturday arv :armsup


Well if it makes any difference my next trip isn't until the 9th October but it is for most of the week.

I'm fortunate in that I live in the Hills of Perth where there are quite a few fourbie tracks problme is they become boring after a few years of travelling them ... :-bang

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Not in residence

Postby Kramer » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:32 pm

How sad is this I am bored so I come into work to use the computer! :(

Might take the dogs for a drive now!
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
User avatar
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:07 pm
Location: Gladstone, QLD

Postby Scolers » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:34 pm

Kramer wrote:How sad is this I am bored so I come into work to use the computer! :(

Might take the dogs for a drive now!


Oh soooooo sad ... :--? ... ;)

BTW

I thought dogs were meant to be taken for a walk ... :shock:

If I didn't have a dog I reckon I'd be fatter than what I am now ... sheesh ... that's a worry!

::()

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Not in residence

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Just made myself a Jafel(?).... basically a toasted sandwich :armsup , havent had one in years... Grated Cheese and Salami + thinly sliced Tomatoe :armsup
















































pad :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
User avatar
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Right behind you.... watching.... waiting....

Reality check

Postby nozzee » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:49 pm

I have just joined this forum and from what I have read/seen isn't all that positive. Someone asked for info on no of caravan camping sites in Aussie. Big ask and to experienced caravaners/campers is really a silly question. Where ever I roll out my swag to me is a camping site. So how long is a piece of string?
BUT the person who used the term moron when refering to a person
who was asking for assistance on this site I can only hope that one day you are in need of assistance and someone realises that you are a moron and then gives you no assistance. Na I don't hope that because then I would be as ignorant as you. AND how many times have I read about drinkin and hangovers? RESPONSIBLE CAMPING THINKING MAYBE THIS SITE ISN"T BIG ENOUGH FOR ME AND A ABUSIVE PERSON
nozzee
Newbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:49 pm
Location: Slacks Creek

Re: Reality check

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:29 pm

nozzee wrote:I have just joined this forum and from what I have read/seen isn't all that positive. Someone asked for info on no of caravan camping sites in Aussie. Big ask and to experienced caravaners/campers is really a silly question. Where ever I roll out my swag to me is a camping site. So how long is a piece of string?
BUT the person who used the term moron when refering to a person
who was asking for assistance on this site I can only hope that one day you are in need of assistance and someone realises that you are a moron and then gives you no assistance. Na I don't hope that because then I would be as ignorant as you. AND how many times have I read about drinkin and hangovers? RESPONSIBLE CAMPING THINKING MAYBE THIS SITE ISN"T BIG ENOUGH FOR ME AND A ABUSIVE PERSON


I think you'll find that the inital post made by the person that asked the question was edited by themselves (the original question was something to the effect of "How many caravan/camping spots are there in all the camping places in australia") to which I gave an honest answer that was not rude at all, and had some helpfull hints to help him with his search.

To which he replied "goodbye, Thanks for nothing" and then edited the 1st post :roll: . So yeah, I called em a moron AFTER that :mrgreen: for being so rude when I tried to help, and for asking what is essentially a ridiculous question - No one can know how many camp SITES there are in australia. I'll bet most of the large camp GROUNDS accross australia dont even know how many 'sites' they have.

All cool now that you've got the full story?? :mrgreen:

this is the thread for anyone else who wants a read viewtopic.php?t=613&highlight=moron
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
User avatar
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Right behind you.... watching.... waiting....

Postby mummeee74 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:28 am

Geez I have just joined this site as well and found the people that have replied to be very helpful.... where everyone else is hiding is a mystery though.
mummeee74
Post Machine!
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: Sydney

Postby amanda » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:03 am

Nozee, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I agree with Mummeee74, whenever I have asked for a bit of advice I have received extremely helpful (and friendly) responses. I have also been on a trip with several other members of the forum and found them to be a great bunch of people. I think perhaps you're right - this site isn't big enough for you!
User avatar
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:14 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Reality check

Postby Kramer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:43 am

nozzee wrote:I have just joined this forum and from what I have read/seen isn't all that positive. Someone asked for info on no of caravan camping sites in Aussie. Big ask and to experienced caravaners/campers is really a silly question. Where ever I roll out my swag to me is a camping site. So how long is a piece of string?
BUT the person who used the term moron when refering to a person
who was asking for assistance on this site I can only hope that one day you are in need of assistance and someone realises that you are a moron and then gives you no assistance. Na I don't hope that because then I would be as ignorant as you. AND how many times have I read about drinkin and hangovers? RESPONSIBLE CAMPING THINKING MAYBE THIS SITE ISN"T BIG ENOUGH FOR ME AND A ABUSIVE PERSON


I am too hungover to be bothered putting in a reply to this! :armsup
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
User avatar
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:07 pm
Location: Gladstone, QLD

Postby Komodo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:53 am

This forum doesnt have a huge "active" member base, but those who are active are very helpful.
Ive had alot to do with forums over the last 8 years, ive seen forums grow from "yahoo groups" of 17 members through to mass forums which earn the owner of the site his entire living through advertising with over 16,000 members and 100,000 readers monthly!

It takes time and effort and a niche.
Image
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
User avatar
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?
 
Posts: 846
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:35 pm
Location: Frankston South [VIC]

Postby Scolers » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:15 pm

I would have to agree with Ozzy in that te initial question asked was a bit silly. Ozzy did give a fair response and as he said was told "Thanks for nothing" ... then the swords came out ... ;)

Considering it was the persons 2 or 3rd post I thought it a tad rude especially as Ozzy was trying to help him in the first instance.

SO that's it from me and that's it from him ...

:armsup

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Not in residence

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:36 pm

amanda wrote:Nozee, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. I agree with Mummeee74, whenever I have asked for a bit of advice I have received extremely helpful (and friendly) responses. I have also been on a trip with several other members of the forum and found them to be a great bunch of people. I think perhaps you're right - this site isn't big enough for you!


Ease up on em, I think it was a genuine mis-understanding of the situation :lol:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
User avatar
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1424
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:14 pm
Location: Right behind you.... watching.... waiting....

Drinking and Hangovers

Postby gqpatrol » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:43 pm

What's wrong with drinking and hangovers anyway? Find something else to pick on. :beer
gqpatrol
Captain Camping
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:44 pm
Location: Rockhampton Queensland

Postby Kramer » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:44 am

As everyone should know I don't mind a drink or 50 but after last weekend I took a vow not to have a beer all week! 4 days and going strong :armsup :armsup Was getting a little worried there for a while I was getting addicted but realised I didn't crave when not needed, it just became habit to have beer after work! :( And a beer usually didn't stop at one.


On a happier note there is a fishing comp on in Gladstone this weekend and I have to give them a hand but I get to go camping :armsup If only for one night but at least the tent will get some use!
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
User avatar
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:07 pm
Location: Gladstone, QLD

Postby Scolers » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:21 am

Kramer wrote:As everyone should know I don't mind a drink or 50 but after last weekend I took a vow not to have a beer all week! 4 days and going strong :armsup :armsup Was getting a little worried there for a while I was getting addicted but realised I didn't crave when not needed, it just became habit to have beer after work! :( And a beer usually didn't stop at one.


On a happier note there is a fishing comp on in Gladstone this weekend and I have to give them a hand but I get to go camping :armsup If only for one night but at least the tent will get some use!


Re. the beer ... you might find it's the sugar cravings your body is after ... I don't eat much sugary food but love my beer ... :beer ... I find when I stop for a day or so my body craves stuff like lemonade, fruit juice ... all high in sugar ... just like beer ...

HAve fun camping!

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Not in residence

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit-Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron