coolumunda dam

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

coolumunda dam

Postby dea » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:34 am

we are doing a family trip in jan .. mum & dad , us with 4 kids , my brother with 2 kids , my sister with 7 kids ...

we used to go to coolumunda LOTS as kids so its very special for us all to be toether for a week .. fishinh skiing & just relaxing .. lots of drinks ...

so has anyone been there recently ....

my best freinds dad is now working there too ... so he will get us a good spot .. will be great to take my kids & hubby somewhere i spent ALOT of time as a kid !!!!
dea
Camping Oracle

Re: coolumunda dam

Postby JRF1973 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:31 pm

HI

I was there on the weekend. Still a top spot. Plenty of camp spots available, but couldn't catch a fish !!

Interesting there was not one ski boat there all weekend ?? I assume the water level is still ok to ski but it might be worth further investigation.

Regards

Justin
JRF1973

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:05 pm

JRF1973 wrote:HI

I assume the water level is still ok to ski but it might be worth further investigation.

Regards

Justin

As at the 15th October the water level for Coolmunda is reported to be 31%
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dea » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:49 pm

JRF1973 wrote:HI

I was there on the weekend. Still a top spot. Plenty of camp spots available, but couldn't catch a fish !!

Interesting there was not one ski boat there all weekend ?? I assume the water level is still ok to ski but it might be worth further investigation.

Regards

Justin

thanks.....
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby Bruce S » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:18 pm

went to coolmunda dam for easter, went to the camping spot around the back. what a dissapointment, i was told it was free this easter , drove around hte camp spot, no sites looked good, rocky ground, over grown, didnt even bother gettin out of the car(can see why it was free, people have paid to stay here in the past?), this site could realy do with some work then it would be a good spot or even set a match to it might be cheaper.
Bruce S

Postby GypsyLady » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:43 pm

I had originally planned to go to Coolmunda this Easter but decided against it. I had thought I'd book into the CP there but when they wanted 50% deposit 5 months ago I changed my mind. Many things can change in 5 months.

I was chatting to people at the campground where I was over Easter and they had been out there to have a look and said the campers were packed into the CP like sardines. He also said the camping at the dam really left a lot to be desired so I was pleased I had made alternative plans.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations