Hi From Komodo

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi From Komodo

Postby Komodo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:02 pm

Well Guys I've been browsing your site for a couple of months now and I've decided that I better join.

I've actually only just found an interest in camping again after being out of it for a few years.

I was a scout for about 5 years and I spent about 200 nights under canvas in that time. I never got into all the "scouting" activities and there was a group of 4 of us who basically tried to get away at least 1 weekend a month.

My interests in scoutting and camping diminished when i was about 17 due to several factors and I quickly replaced camping with other recreational activities such as drinking.

From the age of 14 I had an interest in Car Audio and basically anything to do with in car entertainment, I spose it wasnt just limited to car audio as i also went on to become an Audio Engineer for live productions. I also judge CAASQ (australias only car audio sound quality competition) and Im a member of http://www.caraudioaustralia.com

Through school I studied electronics and that has helped me (what i remember of the course any way) with many things in building showcars, audiocars and hopefully in the future 4x4/trailer auxilary electrical systems.

I have a fairly keen interest in fishing particularly in freshwater fly fishing for trout in the river systems. and Im a member of http://www.tacklebox.com.au

Ummm yeah so thats a bit of a background on me so you can see where im coming from with any comments or questions i have for you guys.

Oh and my reason for getting back into camping is because both my self and my girlfreind love camping and have missed camping over the last few years. plus with the two of us trying to save for a house each camping gives us an economical way to get away together and have a break away.

Cheers,
Kirk
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:37 pm

Welcome to forums Kirk.

I'm sure you'll find some useful info here ... unless it's Ozzy that's answering a thread ... :armsup

BTW

Where are you from?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Komodo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:45 pm

Thanks Scolers.

Im from Melbourne - looks like i'll have to update my profile ;)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Nenie23 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:34 pm

Hi Kirk,

I am fairly new to the site too but Hey - Welcome. The guys in here seem to have some great ideas and stuff to share.

Hope to chat soon. Nenie
Be happy - take the family camping.
Nenie23
Captain Camping

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:23 pm

Scolers wrote:
I'm sure you'll find some useful info here ... unless it's Ozzy that's answering a thread ... :armsup

there is no emoticon strong enough for what i am feeling :x

but this comes closest :booty :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:27 pm

Ozzycamperboy wrote:
Scolers wrote:

there is no emoticon strong enough for what i am feeling :x

but this comes closest :booty :mrgreen:

GeeZ ... you're a bit slow off the mark!

:--?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Return to Introductions: