A FEW SUGGESTIONS!

Forum Rules, post questions, comments or suggestions, about this forum or website.

A FEW SUGGESTIONS!

Postby Komodo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:59 am

Ok first off this board is S L O W really really friggen slow

My suggestion is an upgrade of board software something along the lines of Invision Power Board v2.1.7 its quick very very powerful

A quick reply function would go along way. I sometimes think hey i could reply to that but i dont because it takes so long to do a simple reply

Hosting facities for photos

A state by state area with threads for things such as this weekends 4x4 and fishing show in victoria...

A completely off topic area - nothing to do with camping what so ever.

A few tutorials on things such as how to best load the car for camping. How to install a dual battery setup. Solar charging. Places to buy the essentials to get into camping. what does a basic setup for a weekend consist of. Ideal places to go for a quick weekend away (ie in victoria i would suggest Eildon - its a couple of hours drive the fraser camping area at lake eildon national park has great facilities and during the cooler months theres generally not too many people about. and its accessable by a std vehicle - ideal for someone wanting to take the family away on their first camping trip)

Camp stoves whats good whats not - are 3 burner stoves worth it or is a 2 burner better. How much gas is required for a weekend/week/month etc on average.

Average cost for different products. etc

Just my 2c whats every one else think?
A place I'd rather be...
Mitchel Road, Bomjinna. Central West Victoria (Jan '08)
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Komodo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:51 pm

BTW who runs this site...
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Kramer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:09 pm

ME I run everyting :armsup

not really activity dept on here is the owner and ozzy is a moderator on here he can help as well.
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Kramer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm

Also yeah I hate this server it as slow as a wet week camping, it can't be the software as this software is used on a lot of other boards I visit and they run fine. I think the server is based in antartica with a 14.4k line :***
All Your Beers Are Belong To Us!
http://www.Tour-Oz.net
Kramer
Tree-climbing Mountain Goat

Postby Komodo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:22 pm

Server is based in the US - or atleast the company who owns the server is based in the US

TAIKOO PTY LTD is the company who owns the site but this company according to the registry has ceased opperations since Jan 04... :?
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Scolers » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:33 pm

Komodo wrote:TAIKOO PTY LTD is the company who owns the site but this company according to the registry has ceased opperations since Jan 04... :?

Explains a bit ... :--?

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Site mgr

Postby Activity_Dept » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:55 pm

Taikoo is alive and well and living on the GC. Don't ask where the name came from but I am changeing it. We do use a US based server as it is cheaper but I/we and the co is Ozzy. I have to admit the site is somewhat neglected as it has taken a few years to build to this point and yes I agree it is getting busier and time to set it up a little better. I have been keeping my eye out for a new forum I will follow the one you suggested up. Ozzy is currently the moderator, Kramer and Scolers may soon be recruited if they are not careful. Komodo you too sound like a volunteer in the making. :beer
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Komodo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:10 pm

A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Komodo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:12 pm

it appears that
RETAIL BRANDS PTY LTD
is the new company name?
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Komodo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:34 pm

and an edit button would be good too :?

Try i-primus for hosting

other wise im sure if you talked to marc from emediate tech he should be able to point you in the right direction he host quite a few australian forums
A place I'd rather be...
Komodo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Site mgr

Postby Activity_Dept » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:19 pm

Yes we canceled the abn but still trading. Will be following-up with the forums and target upgrading just after Christmas sometime. Generally the US server isn’t too bad but has been a bit slow lately. Will keep you posted on developments.

Cheers
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Re: A FEW SUGGESTIONS!

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:35 pm

Komodo wrote:Ok first off this board is S L O W really really friggen slowYEP, no two way's about it. UPGRADE UPGRADE UPGRADE!!!

My suggestion is an upgrade of board software something along the lines of Invision Power Board v2.1.7 its quick very very powerful

A quick reply function would go along way. I sometimes think hey i could reply to that but i dont because it takes so long to do a simple replyIt's on another forum I visit and I find it slightly irritating but can see it's usefulness :mrgreen:

Hosting facities for photosphotobucket.com . But I spose some internet 'newbies' might find it easier if there was one on the site

A state by state area with threads for things such as this weekends 4x4 and fishing show in victoria... I dont think there's enough users on atm to warrant this, would just clog the board up with too many sections no? Its got a "Groups, 4WD, Social Events etc." section to post trips.

A completely off topic area - nothing to do with camping what so ever. GENERAL CHIT CHAT :armsup viewforum.php?f=64

Average cost for different products. etc

Just my 2c whats every one else think?

:armsup
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby Scolers » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:57 pm

Komodo wrote:and an edit button would be good too :?

Ha!

noone beleived me when I said I couldnt find the 'edit' button!!! ... :shock:

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

An edit button

Postby Activity_Dept » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:29 pm

An edit button I can handle. That is a permissions thing, I think some forums have em and some don't so I will go through them and check.

Once we get a few more users on I think we will have a look at regional groups I note there are a few topics specific to Brissy etc. as these get a little more active we will expand and maybe even sponsor a few outings. But things are defiantly busier and very helpful having a few regulars on, so I appreciate you help guys also appreciate the suggestions and all comments. :beer
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Re: An edit button

Postby Scolers » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Activity_Dept wrote: But things are defiantly busier and very helpful having a few regulars on, so I appreciate you help guys also appreciate the suggestions and all comments. :beer

You haven't been into the rum again have you?? Mine's a Stella too thanks.

:beer

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Next

Return to Forum Rules, Questions & Comments.