WA - Koombana Bay Holiday Park, Bunbury

WA - Koombana Bay Holiday Park, Bunbury

Postby markcrook » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:56 am

We have just come back from a two night stay at Koombana Bay Holiday Park in Bunbury. The park is very centrally located in Bunbury with a 10 minute walk into the town centre and right opposite the Dolphin Discovery Centre.

The park is a mixture of residential vans/cabins, drive through (paved) ensuite sites, grassed and hard-standing powered sites and smaller non-powered tent sites. The park is well maintained but (as in a lot of the sites in coastal WA) there is often more sand than grass!

The park offers a couple of well maintained and clean ablution blocks, which also have laundrys. Two seperate BBQ areas, a small camp kitchen (near the unpowered tents), a heated swimming pool, a bouncy pillow (which my kids just love), tennis courts and a shop and cafe.

The location is great for restaurants, shops and cafes, and also walks on the estuary and the mangrove boardwalks, and also for the beach. The down side is that it is on a major road into Bunbury and road noise is a very big factor - and we were warned about this when booking.

We had a great weekend, walked loads and relaxed a lot (we did 5 geocaches in Bunbury!), we fished in the estuary (caught nothing but Blowies!) and the kids made freinds and went off and played a lot. The site is really nice but is unfortunatley let down by the road - but as I mentioned before we were warned when we booked.

Will we go back? We will go back to Bunbury as it is great for a weekend, but probably wont stay at Koombana Bay.
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Return to Western Australia