Just bought my first ct!

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Just bought my first ct!

Postby sienna » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi All,
I just bought my first camper trailer! Have been reading and asking and visited the brissie show to check them all out. Also checked the local classifieds and websites etc. I found a secondhand camel ct that is 4yo and in really good nick. still has the canvas smell in it. For me, I was tossing up with getting a new oztrail or a secondhand camel and I think I have made the right choice.
I'll get to pick it up later this week when all the money has gone through then I'm off with my 3yo in Nov for a week at Tallebudgera, gold coast.
I'll take a couple pickies and post and share.
I'm excited and can't wait to try it out!

Happy camping! :armsup
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Just bought my first ct!

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Hey sienna CONGRATULATIONS....and I do remember how exciting it is to have your first CT....pre loved or otherwise. It is a fantastic feeling.

I suggest that you have a 'play' with it in the back yard when you get it home, practise setting it up and pulling it down again.

Of course you could even have a camp out in it in the back yard.....tie you over until the real one in November.

When I came home from my outback trip earlier this year I slept in mine in the back yard for a couple nights.....just trying to ease myself back into reality gently.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Titch » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:12 pm

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+
Great stuff, as Gypsylady suggested play with it,the ct I mean.
Enjoy your new Acquisition.
Titch :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:35 pm

I reckon we'll have to have a sleepover in the back yard to test it out! Then we have a week in Nov and three weeks over christmas. Oh it's a hard life :***

Gypsylady, weren't you just checking out the canvas when you got back and it just happened to take a couple nights?!
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby smiththenovice » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:42 pm

:mrgreen: happy for you, but very jealous!! Can't wait to see your pics...
smiththenovice
Captain Camping

Postby Titch » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:22 pm

sienna wrote:I reckon we'll have to have a sleepover in the back yard to test it out! Then we have a week in Nov and three weeks over christmas. Oh it's a hard life :***

Gypsylady, weren't you just checking out the canvas when you got back and it just happened to take a couple nights?!

Are we all invited to the sleep over??? :?# :?# :?#
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:24 pm

sienna wrote:

No sienna....in all honesty (& I am happy to admit it too) I was having a really hard time getting back to reality and I think I slept in it for 3 nights before I made it upsatirs and back into my own bed.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby amanda » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:27 am

Congratulations! I'm sure you're going to be very happy with it, especially at Tallebudgera with a 3 year old - what a perfect place for you to go. Enjoy!!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:50 am

Gypsylady,
I understand the whole getting back to reality thing. I call it the Post holiday blues. And the longer I'm away, the worse it is.

Amanda,
My mum used to take us to Talle when we were kids and we used to camp for 3wks over christmas in a big 12x15 markee tent. When I was about 13/14 we then started going to Elliot Heads, up near Bundaberg, cos that's where my cousins used to live. We upgraded to a 12x18 markee that mum got made especially. It had green walls and a pale yellow roof. Massive thing it was. But those were the days.
So when I walked into the camper trailer tent section can you imagine my joy when I could smell the canvas smell, just like the old days! We are going to have so much fun.
I am already thinking of things I'm going to get for my ct and I haven't even got it yet! :roll: :grin:
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:47 am

sienna wrote:Gypsylady,
I understand the whole getting back to reality thing. I call it the Post holiday blues. And the longer I'm away, the worse it is.

Yes sienna, six weeks away from work and out there travelling sure made it very difficult as it was the longest time I have ever had off. And of course it was just the best holiday as well.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Congrats Sienna. You won't look back now you will both have a great time. Enjoy.

Best thing we ever bought. :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby dea » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:20 pm

congrats.. we got our first CT in july & love it.. you wont look back.. we are thinking of going to tallebudgera soon.. let me know what its like....
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby sienna » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Dea,
I've been going to Talle for years. It's awesome. They have finished their new resort pools and they are lovely. There's the old pool still there but they've built a huge pool with two small water slides and there's a toddler pool that's only bout 1foot deep and heated. It also has some big mushrooms which spout water and the tipping/filling buckets too. The caravan park is right on the mouth of the river so you get the surf, river mouth (usually very clear and flows with the tides) and then round the western side of the park, the river opens out into a large lake type area. There's access for boating nearby and you can fish. Have a look at their website. You'll get a pretty good idea and also try google maps. The people who stay there are always friendly and there's usually a helping hand not far away if you need it. It's one of the friendliest parks I've been to. Hmmm... maybe they should be paying me for this advertising!
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby dea » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:42 pm

lol .. yes we have a freind who goes there all the time so he has been pestering since we got our CT .. so its next on the list ...cant wait to go actually!!! need another weekend away.. just a shame we cant take the dogs ...
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby sienna » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:23 pm

My dogs don't like the beach much and they hate travelling, too. And they are long haired so it's not worth the effort.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Next

Return to Camper Trailers