Just bought my first ct!

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Re: Just bought my first ct!

Postby sienna » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:26 pm

I picked up the ct today!
The trailer is so light, you can hardly feel you're towing it. Though it does block half my back windscreen so I have to be a bit more wary of traffic behind me. But really no different to having your boot packed up anyway.
Now I can't wait to put all my camping gear in it. Oh the fun to be had! :)
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Good on you sienna....CONGRATULATIONS...

That ended up being a bit earlier than you expected, didn't it?? Camping out in the back yard this weekend???

You'll have to learn to use your side mirrors more now.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby caveman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:42 pm

congrats sienna. we only recently purchased a CT, 2 yrs old. Just got back from the north coast and now planning our trip to the Snowies in January. I think we get more excited than the kids, but it's more about being able to give them the opportunity. We're worse than 2 kids in a lolly shop. :?# ::) :?#

Safe travels

Caveman
caveman
Boy Scout

Postby sienna » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:41 pm

Thanks, everyone.

I tend to use all my mirrors a lot cos of the potential blind spots I know I have down the side towards the back of my vehicle.

As for early pick up, in the end, I found a way to make payment go through faster and picked it up this arvo. I was getting frustrated and impatient so I took matters into my own hands.
Can't wait to play tomorrow. My 3yo is going to love climbing up and down onto the bed.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:51 am

sienna wrote:
As for early pick up, in the end, I found a way to make payment go through faster and picked it up this arvo. I was getting frustrated and impatient so I took matters into my own hands.

Sometimes that is the only way to make things happen sienna....good for you.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:38 am

HOW EXCITING!!!!! :+ :+ :+

oooohhhhh Im sooo jealous.... you are going to have so much fun just packing it up ready for it's first run.... I loooove that bit. :***

We have just upgraded and have to wait till end Nov to get delivery of our new Customline CT so that's why Im so jealous....cant wait to pack it up and head off...

Can't wait to hear about your first night and maybe some pics for us all to drool over :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:56 am

I'm also excited just thinking about all the space I am going to free up in the garage. We've recently moved house and still have stuff to put away so the extra cupboard space in the garage will certainly come in handy. Who knows! Maybe my hubby will even get his car into the garage!
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:49 am

sienna wrote:
Maybe my hubby will even get his car into the garage!

Now that could be a bit of a stretch sienna......lol
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby smiththenovice » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:14 pm

I have to stop reading this thread...it hurts too much :lol:
smiththenovice
Captain Camping

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:32 pm

No you wont fit his car in the garage as the new CT will be in there!!! :*** :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby sienna » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Hey xmasbaby67,
You're right! Hadn't thought of that. :+
Actually we're lucky that our front yard is very well secluded because we're on a battleaxe block and we have another patio facing the front yard. That is where the car, I mean, ct, will go. he he.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby sienna » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Soooooo! I've just got back from my first ct trip. I took my 3yo out to see my cousins on their farm near Pittsworth.
For the first night we slept in their yard in the ct and then the second night we travelled to a nearby camping spot near a river.
I love my ct!!!!!!!! It was easy to set up and so much faster than a dome tent. Even with a bit of wind, it easy enough. I'm still getting the folding pattern under control in order to make it more streamlined but other than that, it was awesome. :armsup
I had a bit of practise with reversing and thanks to those who posted tips on reversing a trailer. It did come in handy.

I'm off to the gold coast in two weeks and can't wait! I"ll post some pictures soon
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:10 pm

GREAT news sienna....look forward to seeing the pix.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Dettie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:52 pm

What a great thread! It sounds like you had an absolute blast, Sienna! Talle sounds fabulous... maybe we should plan a trip that coincides, seeing as we're both travelling with our kids.

Hopefully I'll be ordering my first CT as soon as Thursday night... I just don't think I can hold out for the April Sydney Camping expo :)

Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby sienna » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 am

Hi Dettie,
As much as I love my ct and couldn't wait to get one once I had decided what I wanted, I am really glad I got to go to a camping show first. It really is worth waiting a few extra weeks cos everyone will have so much stuff on display and will be offering heaps of discounts etc. I know you are keen but it is a lot of money and you don't want to be wishing you had done something different. All going well you'll be owning your ct for years.

Tallebudgera is great, (that's why I spent 90min trying to book a site a couple weeks ago :shock: ) Though I notice you are based in Sydney. That is a long way to go for a camping trip. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to meet some other families but I'm just concerned bout the travel time for you.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

PreviousNext

Return to Camper Trailers