Trip of a lifetime - Camping all the way around Oz

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Trip of a lifetime - Camping all the way around Oz

Postby ck10_9 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:40 pm

I thought this may answer a lot of question people have from time to time.

The blog is not quite finished yet - the trip itself is but I have been kept busy by a trip back to the UK in Oct
Anyway I am back writing it again so I thought I would share it with you all....

We drove 36,000 kms around Australia in a Ford Maverick 4x4 with a roof top tent Jan 09 - Jul 09

The size of the country is mind blowing and you just don't understand that until you drive around it!! It is such a beutiful country with so much to see. 7 months was not enough to do it all but we gave it our best shot!

Not a huge % of the trip was 4x4 but we did do Birdsvill track, big red, cape york, coffin bay, bungle bungles etc

Camping in Cape York was by far our best experience

Here is the blog with lots of pics (I am still finishing it up - Cape York back to Bris is a work in progress)

http://twopomsandatruck.blogspot.com

(The blog runs a bit back to front so if you want to go from the beginning use the date selector on the right hand side of the screen)

I am back at work now and just want to be back on the road, I miss the freedom a lot. Such a great country to travel!!

Hope you enjoy our little adventure

Australia Daily Photo Blog - Great images of the land down under
http://australiadailyphoto.blogspot.com/
ck10_9
Captain Camping

Re: Trip of a lifetime - Camping all the way around Oz

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:52 pm

Well put together,good job.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camping Tips and Locations