Self inflating Matresses

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Re: Self inflating Matresses

Postby Lin » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:59 pm

We use a pump-up. I find a wool underlay does wonders at combating the cold.

Ditto. It's pure luxury. Better than my bed at home.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby sienna » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:10 pm

One of the advantages of the self inflating mattress I have is that it has a thin foam mattress inside it as well. So if I do get a puncture, however unlikely, I will still have a thin mattress under me.
I have the queen size and it is bulky when rolled up and is hard yakka with two people rolling it up. But I like the idea of leaving it inflated under the ct mattress.
I found it really comfortable to sleep on. More comfortable than my stretcher. I do like the idea of the stretcher cos it gets you up off the floor and creates extra storage space for bags etc underneath it. When my son gets older, he will prob sleep on that with a single self inflating mattress on top.
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Barnaby Black » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:31 pm

We use the Oztrail self inflating matresses and have found them fine. We just got back from a 4 week trip to Uluru and found that the first couple of nights took some getting used to but after that things were fine. We also used those foam mats under the tent for some added padding which i think made a difference, especially in the areas where we were not set up on grass.
Barnaby Black

Postby mitza » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:57 pm

We have the Coleman queen size and it's great! We used it 4 times arleady and is comfy. Pretty happy with the pruchase. The only thing is that it's bukly when packed.
mitza
Boy Scout

Previous

Return to Gear Guide