Eze Trail Campers

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Eze Trail Campers

Postby julz105 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:00 pm

:hello:

Hi there,

We are in the market for a camper trailer (budget max $10K).

We thought the best idea was to look at a camping show however we dont want to wait until next year's Melbourne Caravan & Camping.

We looked at the Eze Trail Campers on Ebay which look to be reasonable value and can be optioned up OK. However the alarm bells were ringing when we asked to go to their premises and take a look. They obliged and were happy for us to look at it externally however would not open them up for us.

I'm wandering why they wouldnt have one permanantly open for viewing?

Does anyone own one or have any further info about them and what has been your experience?

Thanks, Julz105
julz105

Re: Eze Trail Campers

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:13 am

If they are not prepared to let you look julz then my advice would be to stay well away form them. My opinion is if the cannot oblige you in the initial stages then they sure won't supply any after sales service.

Have you cansidered buying a pre loved camper......that way you know that it works and all the bugs have been sorted. You will also get something optioned up with more features than if you purchase new.

My first camper was a pre loved one and it was great and I had it for a number of years. I knew it would perform as it had just returned from its 3rd trip to Cape York and still had the dust on it.

There are plenty available in the Trading Post and local papers....especially at this time of year.

Have a look here as well. http://www.campertrailers.org/camper_trader.htm

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Doesnt sound good and I would stay away from something that sounds too good to be true as it usually is. :***

Im with gypsy on this one. :+

Also try hiring a couple of different ones for a weekend away to see what it is you really want and go from there.

Best bet is always have a really good look at it first, ask heaps of questions and a new one should have a warrranty with it.

Any brand that you are leaning toward besides the one on ebay? If so ask away here and see what feedback you get. Also the campertrailers.org website gypsy mentioned is fantastic for info and most members on that site have a camper trailer of sorts(hard and soft floor)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Bradd » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:46 pm

For 10k you don't need to go to ebay to find a camper trailer.

http://www.dingocampers.com.au/index.htm
Most expensive one I can see here is less than 8000
(edit) and they have plenty on display already set up
and I recall seeing plenty at the Melbourne Leisurefest
under $10,000
Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations.
When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin
Bradd
Camping Oracle

Postby julz105 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Thanks to all for your advise.

We are going to look at pre-loved and some others you recommended.

I will shorly post another note when we purchase and look forward to crossing paths out there in our great country.

Cheers, Julz105
julz105

Postby mitza » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:13 pm

Maybe it's not a bad idea to hire one to see how it is. If you are willing to pay 10k then 300 is a small fee you pay and still have it for a week or so.

Camper trailers are good if you go bush or outback but if you plan to stay close to civilisation, then a Jayco dove may be the go. Same money, but more options and much better than a camper trailer. After all a camper trailer is a trailer with tent on top. Am I wrong here?

Instead of paying 10K for a trailer with tent on top you could end up paying 1K for a canvas tent (oz tents are quick to set up) and 2K on a brand new trailer to carry all the stuff with you...

I am not againts camper trailers but I don't see the use of them close to big cities that's all.
mitza
Boy Scout

Postby sienna » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Having just bought my first preloved ct, I will never go back to a tent, canvas or dome. They are so easy to put up and I can put mine up by myself faster than the dome tent. I looked at getting a canvas tent that I could put up by myself and by the time you get all the bits and pieces and spend lots of money, you still dont' have quite the same amount of space.
For $10k you will get a really nice new, good brand name ct. Look for aussie made canvas as a must have - much better than the chinese made stuff.
Also, go and have a sticky beak at your local caravan park and have a look at the cts. Don't be afraid to ask. Most owners will be only too happy to show off their ct.
Happy searching!
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Im with Sienna on the aussie made canvas...we are selling our old ct for $6K( on this site & campertrailers.org) and have just bought a Customline for just over $12k with only a few extras.. but we made sure the first thing we ticked off was the 15oz aussie made canvas wall and floors like our old one we are selling cause aussie made is very high quality....

Good luck..

Just a quick note friends of ours have a Kanga Camper (no NOT Kangaroo) from Albury and they are very good, not sure of the price tho I think theirs was up close to $18k
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:17 pm

mitza wrote:
a Jayco dove may be the go. Same money, but more options and much better than a camper trailer.

Very much a matter of opinion mitza......I have a CT (yes tent on a trailer & my second one) and love it and would NEVER consider purchasing a Jayco Dove or similar.

I have used my CT in caravan parks, by the sea and in the bush and found it very suitable for every application.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby mitza » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:40 am

Good to hear your opinins, gypsylady& sienna.

I was quite reluctant to approach the CT because at the time it seemd a big investment...I looked at CT options but my wife preffered caravans and then we both agreed for a good quality tent. :grin: I reckon this will do for the next 5 years, then I will have a look again at the options.
mitza
Boy Scout

Return to Camper Trailers