Tin Can Bay

Tin Can Bay

Postby mitza » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:18 am

We've been twice at Tin Can Bay this year because it's great for little kids.

The place is quiet and relaxing. It's perfect in September when the nights are not too cold and water is amazingly warm, good for little ones!

Accomodation: we recently stayed at Tin Can Bay Tourist Park http://www.tincanbaytouristpark.com.au and it's great! The park is very nice, management very helpful (we arrived one night at 9 pm and was ok, just had to ring the bell at the door-make sure you call them in advance).

Meals: Barnacles just near the pier where dolphins came for feeding offers great lunch, at reasonable price. Don't bother to pack much food, there is an IGA with very good prices. Also you can store food in the fridge@ caravan park-no fee.

To do: We liked the shores on the low tide when the beach is exposed for long distances and our little daughter can run where she wants without restrictions! Also chasing soldier crabs was one of our Anna's favorite activities.

You cand fish on the pier during evening and night time it's all illuminated. Also you could try to work the incoming tides for a capture.

Infinite space for setting up a picnic, nice enviromental walk (don't forget the mozzie spray).

Dolphin feeding is probably the main attraction there.

You can even have a boat trip to Carlo Point (Rainbow beach) if you want to see the inlet-not expensive at all.

Kayaks and boats could be hired at Barnacles and there are reasonable fees. We took a single sit on top kayak for an hours or so and paid 20$.

I would go again and again it's so quiet and nice, the single drawback is probably the distance.

....I wanted to add some pictures but I didn't know how....could you help pls
mitza
Boy Scout

Re: Tin Can Bay

Postby amanda » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:45 am

mitza wrote:I would go again and again it's so quiet and nice, the single drawback is probably the distance.

How long from Brisbane roughly?
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby mitza » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:03 pm

approx 220km (around 3 hours)
mitza
Boy Scout

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:45 pm

It`s an easy drive Amanda my brother lived there for a short time.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:47 pm

Actually sounds like a plan for a Camping .com weekend maybe around March when we all have recovered from Christmas and school holidays ?????
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Poodle Jewel » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Third time Lol
Mita about the photos, scroll down the bottom of where you write and it will say choose file ,click on that and it should take you to where your photos are,that is how it works with me anyway goes straight to My Pictures file.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:51 pm

Poodle Jewel wrote:
click on that and it should take you to where your photos are,that is how it works with me anyway goes straight to My Pictures file.

Just make sure you resize them first, it will make them more forum friendly that way
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Queensland