PEOPLE POWER REQUIRED

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

PEOPLE POWER REQUIRED

Postby rodw » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:19 pm

I’m posting this on all forums that I can think of, and you can do the same.

Lets all get off our whinging backsides and do something about the price of fuels. It affects each and every one of us either directly or indirectly (ie freight costs increasing food cost).

In mass we can do something about the TAXES on fuel.

The article on Channel 9's ACA last night on fuel was interesting and that attitude of the ACCC was appalling, we pay the varmints's wages and this is how he treats us.

So, with the help of this sites Administrator/s (please) what about setting up an online petition to go to the government/pollies with the following two issues, which I think are just as important as each other;

(a) the current taxes (which I think is around 35%) on fuels be reduced to be inline with and the same as GST 10%.

(b) the ACCC starts working for its employer, being the People of Australia and not the corporations.

Or something along these lines which could be dressed up.

This online petition would have to have the ability to go to and be placed on every other type online forum, as the MASSES will be required on this one.

Now there will be the Knockers and the Negatives out there.

So what do you reckon?
rodw

Postby friendy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:53 am

Some thing needs to done about this and you are deffently on the ball im presently residing in Tassie i can drive 20km and ther is a 7 cent difference in the price its crazy :evil: im also going to be campervaning around oz in early January :D and wondering what the prices are going to be then, ill help out in any way to get prices down

cheers john
friendy

wrong

Postby wire371 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:10 am

Do you not think you were wrong?[:X][:X]
wire371

Postby friendy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:24 pm

Yeah thats write your a loser
friendy

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:57 pm

friendy wrote:Yeah thats write your a loser

If you are going to write right then make sure you write the right write :wink: :mrgreen:

and chiiiiiillllllll :mrgreen:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Mouth full

Postby Activity_Dept » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:14 pm

Now that is a mouth full.
Activity_Dept
Site Admin

Postby Eric and Jo » Wed May 17, 2006 12:03 pm

gggeeeeee, exercising your right to righting wrongs by writing the wrong right could have caused a wrything riot, im downrite glad it didnt. :D
But this is off topic.
If you think the price of fuel is too high, vote with your wallet,
STOP BUYING IT.
sounds easier than it is? No it is simple economics really.
Organise a complete boycott of fuel purchase for one day and see who puts prices down. Of course it will never happen but its better than waisting tax payers money on some fool having to check the names and addresses in a pitition to make sure no one signed twice.
And to have some politician ask "what? how many signatures? Sorry Mr Moble, Mr Caltex, Mr BP, i just had some fool tell me there was a petition of some kind, how much do you want to put the fuel up this week? 10cents a litre? thats fine. I can still afford that."
If it aint broke dont fix it.
Eric and Jo

Postby Kit » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:53 pm

i know the last post was a while back but all i can say is that

if it wasn't for people with ideas and visions nothing would ever be done.

and as far as wallet voting goes. It would make more of an impact if everyone quit their jobs and got the dole. no taxes being paid would hurt the polies more than not buying petrol. But considering both options are not viable just maybe pertitioning parliment isn't such a silly idea.
I had one of those once, but mine was red and the wheels feel off
Kit

Boykot

Postby __gmd__ » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:10 pm

Really sad when one reads the answers to ones post who really intended something better for the community .. I agree ACCC is a toothless tiger and not working in the interest of people. Every Nation has the Gouvernment it deserves ... if you can not change things then you do not deserve the change .... lobbying and petitions etc are pretty useless in the short term ...

2 ways in my opinion but the again you need people and they are mostly guttless ..

1. Elect all independent candidates under the premises to remove all privileges like cars and retirement packages for pollies .. get them in touch with reality .... after the work is done you can go back to other priorities

2. Boycott petrol stations one by one ... pick on company and no one buys fuel from them for 6 months ... then pick the next one ... very quickly some will compete by price again ...

but .. the masses are complacent and hard to motivate ... this is why we still have the same pollies like 20 years ago ..

take a risk, make a change .... well .. this is not very Australian isn't it ..

have fun
gmd
__gmd__

Postby Cruzin » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:02 pm

Not sure about the order above. but..........

The ACCC did have teeth until little JH pulled them, (and I do not need to be lectured about politics, I have been involved in them on both sides for the last 30 years)

Is it just me or do we all suffer "old timers" disease drinking out of aluminium cans....... I just can't remember
Shane - KZN185; PolyAir Bags; Uniden UH050XR 5xWatt UHF; 65ltr Evacool & a DIY CT under construction
eBay Username Cruzin4WD
Cruzin
Camping Veteran

Return to Gear Guide