Hi! Newbie from Perth WA

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Hi! Newbie from Perth WA

Postby kirsa » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:56 pm

Howdy! Have been watching this forum for a few weeks now, in preparation for a trip we took up north. On our return, hubby and I have galvanised our desire to buy a trailer camper, so now we are in the process of trying out different models to see what we like best. We hired one to go up to the Landor races (350km north west of Meekatharra, WA) and it was a very basic but very well designed camper. In a few weeks we are going to hire another type for a weekend getaway to Moore River.

We kinda know what we like, but I think its a good idea to try different things before you buy :grin:

Does anyone else here have a trailercamper, or are you all tenters?

Still like our old tent, but as we get older, I admit that I like a little more comfort, esp a decent mattress.

Cherio for now.
smile ... it makes people wonder what you are up to :-)
kirsa
Boy Scout

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:39 pm

Welcome :armsup

And i'm sure 'scolers' (the resident postwhore and general know-it-all :mrgreen: ) Will have loads of advise on camper trailers for you.
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

Postby kirsa » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:59 pm

Thanks Ozzy!! I see Scolers is also a fellow West Ozite.

Hubby is toying with the idea of buying a basic camper and adding to it himself - he needs a project to consume him - keep him outa mischief!

We are going to hire a few models over the next few months to get a really good idea of what we like and want in a camper. One thing we have found is that over here in the west, there are not as many camper manufacturers - we may have to look over east for the perfect set-up.

We have recently been away for 9 days up north in a Albany camper, and although its nice and basic, it lacks any outside storage, but this is something I guess can be added easily.

Any thoughts on the closure of the cover? Zip/Velco/hooks? what have others found keep the most dust out?
kirsa
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:27 am

Bugger this I'll just say 'hi!' for now and you can start a new thread on campers ...

HI!!!!

;)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby kirsa » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:48 am

Hi back!

And have moved the rest of my post to another topic.

Also, thanks for the link to the WA campers site. Very impressed!

Cheers
kirsa
Boy Scout

Return to Introductions: