hi new member

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

hi new member

Postby subaruby » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:59 pm

Just like to introduce myself, Richard from Geelong Victoria with a wife , 3 year old girl and 9 month old boy. I have been trolling the site for a while looking for ideas, and finally took the family camping for the first time and was a great experience.
Our setup is a 6x4 trailer with a metal top on it that stores all our gear (which can be locked) and I also run a bar fridge in the trailer as well.

Trailer .......

The first night was a tester and we surviced a plague of mosquitos and some kind of miniture sand flys, thunder, lightning and storms at the Aireys Inlet caravan park. We survived and the wife even wanted to go again after that!

First campsite........

It was a valuable exercise as we discovered our set up wasn't quite right.

So the next week we went shopping a purchased a bigger tent and one with an enclosed mesh area that we could all sit in ad escape the mozzies!.

Second campsite....

This setup worked really well, it was at the Anglesea Seaside caravan Park which I would Highly recomend.
subaruby

Re: hi new member

Postby GypsyLady » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:09 pm

Good on you subaruby and very glad to hear that your second camp was such a great success. I'd say that you have been most definitely bitten by the bug, the camping bug that is.

WELCOME to the forum and thanks for sharing your pics and adventures with us.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby sienna » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi there,
Now that you have been hooked, you'll become addicted to camping stores and watching for sales etc!
I reckon that you'll be looking for some sort of shade setup soon - tarp or other such thing...... just a hunch. Always good to have shade for the little ones.

This will be the start of many adventures for your family.
Have fun!
sienna
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Matilda » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:44 am

Hi Richard,

Well done, with every camping trip you will learn more, also enjoy it even more, camping is very addictive as you have found out. So is travelling this great country.

Cheers Tina
Prepare and Enjoy the Great Outdoors
http://www.familyfriendlyozcamping.com.au/
Matilda
Captain Camping

Return to Introductions: