Bring It On!

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Bring It On!

Postby 3cups » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:29 am

Hi,
I have just joined the site... some very interesting and entertaining reading by the way! Hubby and I are just about to join the camping community. We are looking to buy a camper van and take off until who knows when and we can't wait to get started!
Looking forwards to receiving and sharing ideas with you all.

Yee Ha :armsup

3cups
3cups

Postby Scolers » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:00 am

Good to see some west aussies on the forum ... welcome!

:armsup :armsup :armsup

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Nenie23 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:31 pm

Hey 3 cups.

Best world to join. We have done 2 big trips with our 2 kids. Let us know where you are planning to go.

Have great fun planning.

Nenie :+
Be happy - take the family camping.
Nenie23
Captain Camping

Postby 3cups » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:39 am

Thanks for the welcome Scolers and Nenie23. In answer to your question Nenie23 we have not made many plans so far as we are in the process of selling our house and want to move down south, but we plan to spend Christmas in Augusta with our kids and then head east where we have heaps of family and friends. We welcome any suggestions though.
3cups

Postby Scolers » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:53 am

3cups wrote:Thanks for the welcome Scolers and Nenie23. In answer to your question Nenie23 we have not made many plans so far as we are in the process of selling our house and want to move down south, but we plan to spend Christmas in Augusta with our kids and then head east where we have heaps of family and friends. We welcome any suggestions though.

Can I come to Augusta too?

8)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby 3cups » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:17 am

Ha Ha Scol,

I totally know where you're coming from- Augusta is one of the most beautiful spots I know and every time we go there I wish we could take the place home with us!!! Have lived in the mid west for 24 years and Augusta makes me wonder why!

3cups
3cups

Postby Scolers » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:23 am

We had a holiday house in Turner St ... overlooked the river and ocean ... was always great sitting on the verandah with a beer ... sadly we dont go there much now as the house is no more (private school fees).

Are you in Gero then?

I tend to head up to Cervantes/Greenhead/Greenough for most of my camping.

Cheers ...

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby 3cups » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:40 am

Unlucky about the scool fees Scol I know all about them! We live in Cervantes.

3cups
3cups

Postby Scolers » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:50 am

Cervntes has been a major haunt for me this year ... even wrote an article on it last year for OutdoorsWA mag.

Hmmm ... might go up nest weekend ... due for a trip soon.

;)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby 3cups » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:58 am

Ok....your article wasn't titled something along the lines of "Cervantes-Mid West Secret" or something similar was it?

3cups
3cups

Postby Scolers » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:06 am

3cups wrote:Ok....your article wasn't titled something along the lines of "Cervantes-Mid West Secret" or something similar was it?

3cups

YUP

But it aint a secret now ... :(

;)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby kirsa » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi 3cups! I am a newbie too, and like you and your family, are looking at buying a camper trailer and escaping. Sadly we can only escape for short holidays at the moment as our business needs us, but we are looking at the long term and hope to do some longer trips.

We used to live down in Denmark when our boys were little and we had lots of little camping getaways on the coast. Back then we had a dual cab (navara) and a tent, and I always kept the camping gear in crates all ready to go.

Now the boys are older, and hubby and I want a little comfort, thus the camper trailer.

Good luck with your search and happy camping!

Cheers
smile ... it makes people wonder what you are up to :-)
kirsa
Boy Scout

Return to Introductions: