I love Camping! But with kids???

Come on in and tell us a little bit about yourself, your community, opinions, interests and ideas. Comments and tips are always welcome consider this social networking for the rest of us.

Postby mummeee74 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:59 pm

No No No no more men! I think I will settle for a good book and a bottle of wine, easier to manage!!!

geez hope hubby doesn't read this! :grin:
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby Scolers » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:16 pm

kirsa wrote:Now you are talking!! Let me when and where - and how many cute young men to bring 8)

Don't forget to take some pics!

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby jollyroger » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:26 pm

I'd be happy to take the kids and me. Leave the wife at home for a relaxing weekend by herself. Plus I'd get more in the car if I packed the 4WD.
I know I'm gonna die for this! :-bang
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby mummeee74 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:32 pm

Jollyroger, you never know she might be very happy with that setup!!
I used to go away with my friend when I was a kid and her dad, never understood why her mum didn't come along, now I am a mum, I GET IT!
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby mytribe » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:27 pm

Hi there Mummee, sorry haven't read all the other posts in this so it may not be relevant, but we have 6 kids and take 4 of them camping(the two older girls aren't really interested).

The kids we take camping are 13,7,4 and 2.5yrs, we've been going camping for the last couple of years and the kids love it.

We've just had our winter hiatus(I refuse to camp in cold, wet conditions in tents with 4 kids) but about to start up again next weekend.
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby jollyroger » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:40 pm

Mummeee74!

I know she would take me up on it in heart beat. But she loves it just as much as me. I could never go camping without her. It wouldn't be the same. I don't mean that in a pig headed way either.

It just wouldn't be same unless we all did it together. But I know she would think about it. :?#
Last edited by jollyroger on Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think.
jollyroger
Camping Oracle

Postby Nenie23 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:48 pm

Cute men....... camping ....... count me in!!!!! Ha
Be happy - take the family camping.
Nenie23
Captain Camping

Postby mummeee74 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:12 pm

aaaaah Jollyroger, so sweet, bet you even remember your wedding anniversary, mmmm can you talk to my hubby, he even forgot my birthday one year ::() !!

Hey mytribe, that's pretty impressive, all of those kids, where are you and where do you like to go? And please please tell me what fridge/esky/cooler do you use for all those people!!
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby mytribe » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:27 pm

We're in Melb(outer east burb's), usually go camping up near Kinglake, Lake Eildon, Big River area's.

We take two eskies one's just a normal coleman one which we put drinks in :grin: and the other one is another coleman but it's bigger, like the one up the top on the left, we use it for meats and other food stuffs.

http://www.anaconda.com.au/Specials.aspx?p=6
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Scolers » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:15 pm

Nenie23 wrote:Cute men....... camping ....... count me in!!!!! Ha

Just take some pics!

;)

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby mummeee74 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:37 pm

I am such a doofus you are in Victoria, I didn't see that, no idea of where you are talking about but sounds nice!

That 2nd Esky looks really big, how many litres would it be? I couldn't zoom in on the link for some reason (perhaps because I am a doofus) :grin: But having the 2 sounds like a good system.
mummeee74
Post Machine!

Postby Nenie23 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:05 am

Talking eskys and fridges - thats a whole other topic, but one of the best things that we have purchased for camping is a Bushmans 45 litre fridge. We paid $1,000 for it about 5 years ago, (haven't gone up much as there is plenty of competition).

We now are able to take home all fresh food rather than having to chuck it after it floating around in melted ice for the last day of holidays. Rather than pulling into servos on the way home from days out cause you want a coldie, they are there with you in the car at all times.

Nothing better than pulling off the road somewhere in the middle on no where, and being able to prepare a fresh lunch as everything you need is cold and in the fridge.

It has saved us heaps of money over the years.

Happy camping.
Nenie23
Captain Camping

Postby kirsa » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:26 am

:shock: Starting to see a pattern there Scolers!

Just take some pics
smile ... it makes people wonder what you are up to :-)
kirsa
Boy Scout

Postby Scolers » Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:37 am

kirsa wrote::shock: Starting to see a pattern there Scolers!

Just take some pics

Can't blame a guy for trying ... ;)

:?#

Scol.
Scolers
Apprentice Grey Nomad

Postby Nenie23 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:22 am

Hey MyTribe,
Like us, sounds like you have a great time. We have now upgraded to a van and have only 7 months worth of sleeps to go till we are off to Darwin for 4 - 5 weeks. Cant wait.

As others have said, would be interested to hear of your camping trips. Us, we go at least every month for the weekend away, either by ourselves, or with mates.

Have fun.
Nenie23
Captain Camping

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions: