SE qld spots

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: SE qld spots

Postby Wrecksie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi - we stayed at Goomburra Valley last Easter for a week and have rebooked again for Easter this year and we found the owners Deb and Andy to be great. They were very hospitable, friendly and very obliging when we needed to make some changes to our bookings both last year and this year. We didn't see any issues with anything they were doing in the running of the grounds that bothered any of us.
As for the grounds themselves we were allocated a massive site that easily fitted 3 families (a CT, 2 large family tents, 2 small tents plus 42 ft of tarp space plus room for 3 vehicles and a trailer (and we still had spare space!). The owners don't believe in over booking the grounds and squeezing in way too many people (like Bigriggen where spent the previous 2 Easters). There was very little waiting time for the showers and toilets because of that.
We all really enjoyed the surroundings especially the massive built in fire pit we had though virtually all their sites have fire pits not all are as big. Anyway we can't for Easter to get back there again.
Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:44 pm

It is good to see a positive comment for a change Wrecksie
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Wrecksie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:16 pm

Yes but i still will be keeping an eye out this Easter for anything supporting previous comments and will post a report either way afterwards. I'm hoping things have not changed on how the place is being managed since last year.

Snake_dr - will be interested in your thoughts after your visit too (and anyone else who has been there recently too)

Wrecksie
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:40 pm

The people I was talking to at xmas said that they were instructed to disconnect their electric brakes before entering the campground. The reason they were given was that dual axel wheels chew up the grass!!!

A wee bit over the top in my mind.

They had other isses too.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Wrecksie » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Yes agree Gypsy Lady thats a bit extreme.
Wrecksie
Captain Camping

Postby snake_dr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:08 am

interesting, i have electric brakes on my camper :-)
the parents have a 23ft caravan so they might get asked to be careful.
ill let ya'rll know how it goes, hope this rain stops though, never thought id say that, but its been nearly 3 weeks straight and thinks need some time to dry out
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Me too but the people I spoke with were in a caravan and it was specific to dual axles.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby snake_dr » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:26 pm

cool, will see what they say to mum and dad then
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Postby strudeltoowoomba » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:18 pm

I stayed down there last November, yes facilities are great, owner's attitude certainly made you feel like you should be on your knees thanking them for letting you stay there. I have a Jayco flamingo and had to disconnect the electric brakes before being allowed to enter.

Cheers

Steve
strudeltoowoomba

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Hi Steve and WELCOME to the forum.

Does your Flamingo have dual or single axels??
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Smileandhug » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Ring the showgrounds in the towns. Most do camping at $10 to $16 a nite per site.

John Sharpe Park outside Canungra. $5 a head per nite but no showers but the publican puts on a free bus to the pub n back whenever u want on Thurs/Fri n Sat Nite.

Coochin Creek. Roys Road Beerwah north of Brissy has a small one which is good but small. Again swimming hole done up. $5 a nite. But mossies n hoons on a Saturday nite stuff it up.

Peaches Tree which is national park but u can have a fire, is $5 a nite . Done up the swimming hole but General Store closed so take all ya stuff. 40km noth of Kilcoy it is.

Maidenwell out west near Yaraman which has a pub n store. Camp behind the pub for nothing. Observatory there at $25 a adult to use. Has showers. Good swimming hole down the road.

Plus theres a few down Beudesert/Rathdowney way that are nice.

Kenilworth n Imbul have some good spots.

South end of Somersett Dam is ok . General Store across the road.

Free on at Chinchilla out of town on the weir. But no showers

Dalby 30km west is Broadwater Camping Area. Isolated but all new showers etc. No shops tho. But if ya kids wanna see a million dingaling n duck n enjoy the outback thats a place.
I AM LIKE A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH WATER IN IT - I AM WELL
Smileandhug
Camping Veteran

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations