Shelley Beach, NSW.

Shelley Beach, NSW.

Postby Eric9604 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:51 pm

Just came back from the Sun Valley Tourist Park, near Shelley Beach. As a tent camper, I have travelled many places in Oz. Camp grounds of dust, sand, rock, marsh etc etc. Each time however managed the surface, set up, enjoyed and relaxed. Pitched a tent at Sun Valley and the allocated tent site backed onto Bateau Bay Road. Well, not Parramatta Road on a Monday but it generates some traffic let me tell you. Don't understand why the park has not erected some barrier to give the van users and the apparent 'one time' tent campers some peace and quiet from the drone of rubber and road. Other users within the park were great, friendly and helpful. Amenities were okay, quite clean. TV room was really nothing to talk about and I have seen better camp kitchens. Will NOT be camping there again! If you are intending to go there check where your site will be or get an on site van or cabin if you can afford it. Watch out for falling branches, 5-7cm tree branches were tumbling down during a southerly change 23/01/10. Did not stay the extra night, packed up and went home and got a good nights sleep 40 metres from a main road.
Eric9604

Re: Shelley Beach, NSW.

Postby GypsyLady » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Sorry you had such a terrible time of it, maybe the timing was all wrong...better luck time.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Re: Shelley Beach, NSW.

Postby mr_grumble » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:41 pm

What a shame, I've always been curious about that place.
Is in a nice spot but that laneway where the beach carpark is would be a spot the 'hoons' would occupy I'd imagine.
Thanks for the heads up.

Steve
Image Image Image
mr_grumble
Post Machine!

Return to NSW