oztrail, tourer, anyone know about these.

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

oztrail, tourer, anyone know about these.

Postby karen201 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:03 pm

Hi Everyone
I am looking at buying a tent, we are considering buying an oztrail tourer 10 plus, we want something thats easy to put up. does anyone know about these?
thanks karen
karen201
Boy Scout

Re: oztrail, tourer, anyone know about these.

Postby CampGrrlz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:26 pm

We've got a 9 plus Karen ... yet it is easy to put up. Far simpler than a dome. Here are some pix of ours when we put it up for (so far) the first and only time.

http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/pp12 ... rrlz/Tent/

I was concerned that the walls weren't pristine and smooth and the floor popped up a bit here and there and was assured by knowledgeable people on this forum that the way we put it up was fairly average. So if there's a wrinkle or three or something which doesn't sit exactly right, don't worry!

Best regards

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby neilg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Agree with Elaine....we have a 9 Plus as well and they are a breeze to put up. We also bought a tarp roughly the same size that we lay on the ground then place the tent on that before pegging down just as some extra protection for the floor.

Not sure about the 10 but we also got the side pole kit so when you erect it you can take the centre pole out...brilliant idea!!

Overall very easy tent to put up.

Cheers,
Neil
neilg

Postby karen201 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:19 pm

thanks i was considering these or maybe a cabin style tent, but i thought these might be easier to put up, what does everyone think, we haven't had a tent before?
karen
karen201
Boy Scout

Postby Blue Bravo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:17 pm

We have the tourer 9 and it is easy to put up, but the side poles are essential as you lose so much floor space with the centre pole. We brought ours at BCF and they gave us the side pole kit for free. If we knew then what we know now we would have gone for the Tourer Plus for the extra storage when camped for a couple of days
Glenn
A member of the leisure class
Blue Bravo
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Gear Guide