Pictures of your camp sites

OK so this is your home away from home right. So lets share a few of these tips and (secrets) of a great camping site.

Re: Pictures of your camp sites

Postby Dettie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:10 pm

Dettie & Chris's October 2009 Adventures

First stop was a cattle station - north east(ish) NSW for a week and then the 2nd week was camping at Delicate Nobby. These first few piccies are not overly relevant because we didn't actually camp here but stayed in the gorgeous little cabin instead... but you can camp there (private property) for $20 a night on the Clarence River... totally secluded, so thought I'd include them anyway! They only allow one set of campers per stay so total solitude and yet you have the homestead in driving distance if you have an emergency.

Part 2 of our holiday was the "Show us your campsite" bit... so without further ado here is our little simple paradise for 10 days at Delicate Nobby near Crescent Head;

My absolute favourite tent in the world... the beach tent!

Dettie & Chris (11)
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Great pix Dettie and I see you have mastered the art of uploading them....good on you.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby hoadie72 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:54 am

Hi all, I thought I'd post here as a way of introduction and show some pics of where I've camped. As I car camp, nothing too extreme, though I do still prefer to camp in the bush over caravan parks. I don't use many of the facilities in caravan parks, though I do like a hot shower from time to time :D

Oh, and I'm Ben and am from Sydney.

Trip I made through Southern NSW in mid-2008

Sth Coast

By the Snowy Mountains H'way

Menindee

Murray River, east of Hay

Still 2008, had 6 weeks off work and drove to WA to see family, followed the coast all the way.
NSW Sth Coast (it's here I realise there's a pixel limit for pics)

South Aus somewhere.. need to look it up lol

Streaky Bay

I got sick of putting up and pulling down the 3 man dome tent, plus the lack of headroom, so bought an Oztent RV3. At 6'3 I appreciate the extra space!

Test run of the new Oztent, Echuca/Moama. Fits IN the car if you don't have any passengers...

Trip through Dubbo, Border Ranges, bits of Qld last spring.

The morning of the dust storm

Lightening Ridge

Warrumbungle NP

ps is it possible to up that pixel limitation to 1024 ?
Ben
hoadie72
Captain Camping

Postby Dettie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:03 am

Ben, the Warrumbungle shot looks especially beautiful!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby hoadie72 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:36 pm

Thanks Dettie, it's a really beautiful spot and I'd recommend it to anywone. The facilities are good, with a mix of powered and unpowered sites, plus sites with slabs plus hot showers, which is nice if you've been bushwalking :)
Ben
hoadie72
Captain Camping

Postby magicangelisa » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:38 pm

gypsylady wrote:
knoath wrote:Looks like you're on your own...

What make you think Lisa is on her own....someone had to take the pic and being on your own is not always a bad thing.

The world does not have to travel in pairs like Noah's Ark.....lots of people enjoy their own company...solo is good.

:***

Was camping solo.... the best way! Just got another random camper to take the pic for me... there were heaps of other campers around but I chose to set up as far away from them as possible....
magicangelisa

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:07 pm

I love looking at everyone's camping setup photos, can't wait to go again!!!!
Finally got my photos sorted out and resized so am putting up some of our new CT setup from our Xmas hols.

Our castle with annexe

Kitchen area in annexe

Bar area inside annexe

Bar area outside CT

Bed area

Back view of CT (backyard with clothesline!!!!)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Pumbaa » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:06 pm

Looks like you have had fun... xmasbaby67. You set up looks great.

What type of ct is it, if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks Greg
Pumbaa

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi Greg not at all.

It is a Customline Off Road Deluxe. We got it late Nov 09 and it has been a dream. :?#

We had been looking at them for a couple of years and really liked their product. So when we were looking to upgrade from our second hand CT they were top of our list. Looked at a heap of others but these guys kept coming to the top of our list.

We found Ian and his team at Customline to be magnificent. So helpful and very patient.(what with my endless phone calls).

Not sure where u are from Greg but Customline is located in QLD (like a lot of CT makers) and even that wasn't an issue for us as Ian made it so very easy. Didn't even have to got out of the state!!!! :+

Hope this helps.... any other questions...ask away
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Pumbaa » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Thanks so much for your information....... A few people now are talking about custom line so i might have to contact them.

I am in Melbourne so it is a long way away from QLD lol but maybe they have agents down here. could be a holiday to qld soon coming up.

Have you had any issues with your ct

Thanks again Greg
Pumbaa

Postby snake_dr » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:55 pm

i was watching the pat callinan 4x4 show on the weekend and he was travelling around in a GIC camper --> http://giccampertrailers.com.au/ and the pricing looks quite sharp on these too, just another one to add to the list for you, id never heard of them.
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Postby Dettie » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:39 pm

Xmas baby, I LOVE your 'bar' area... good job! Your bed with colour co-ordinated doona looks fantastic too... it just all looks very appealing. Who says you can't look good when you're camping? ;) I'm also making sure that everything I get will look just right in mine. Nothing worse than a miss mash of colours that your eyes bleed. ;)

In my research, Customline get a really good wrap and (I think it might have been in one of the CT magazines) offered best value for money. Good quality workmanship.

Cheers at your bar area from me!

Dettie
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Yes Pumbaa they are. We are in NSW and we wanted to have a look at one last Sept so we rang Ian at Customline and he gave us the Phone number of a happy customer within a couple of hours drive from us and we went and had a good nose around his and liked it soooo much we ordered one on the way home. Ian organised freight to Sydney for us to pick it up in late Nov and we picked it up without one hassle, they were great to deal with. No problems so far, only tiny hassle was rego interstate but Ian faxed us through the paper work so we could get a temporary rego thingy to drive it the couple hours home from Sydney.
So far not a worry.... Even sent a review and some photos to the Customline team to put on their website. Check out their website for when they are going to be at a show as they don't have distributors. http://www.customline.com.au/trade_shows.html
They will be at Warragul Farm Show in March & Melbourne Caravan & camping show in May.
Hope this helps, please feel free to ask away as I am more than happy to help out.

Thanks Dettie we love that bar area too. I was a little overexcited waiting for the Customline to arrive and whenever I was out shopping I was always looking for "stuff" for the new CT (my poor hubby nearly lost his mind in those 6 long weeks :roll: ) and came across the doona cover for $30 so I snapped it up!!! I looove a bargain :armsup I am also quite an organised person but that just means when Im camping I can chill out cause it's all done and easy to get to :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Young Camping Family » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 am

I thought I would share our setup.
These were taken at Easter last year at the Murray river - our first trip:
Outside
Inside

These were taken last month at Blanket Bay:
Because there was no flat ground outside the tent, we had to use the vestibule as kitchen/meals area
The tarp over the top was the best thing!!! By the end of the 6 days it was covered in bark/leaves/dirt
The youngest of the happy campers...

We are now at the point that we have accumulated so much stuff we can not fit anything else in the car!
Young Camping Family
Camping Veteran

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:55 am

Great set up YCF it looks fabulous. :+

Your girls are gorgeous too, you are soooo brave camping with them at such a young age. Mine were a bit older when we started camping with them (youngest was 5). Looks like they love it too though. :armsup
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

PreviousNext

Return to Show Us Your Campsite