DENILIQUIN BIG 4

DENILIQUIN BIG 4

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Finally got my photos sorted so here we go..... :***

We stayed here for a week from Boxing Day and had an absolute ball.
The facilities were great, clean and nearly new.
Pool was covered and the basketball/tennis court was great and right near the camp kitchen which was fairly new and lovely.
They also have a big outdoor movie screen that they could move around the park and had it in two different sites on the riverfront. A couple of times a week they had movies showing on the big screen from dark and on the alternate days they had afternoon movies in the conference room (air-conditioned) for the little ones.
They had a "Grease" theme on NYE and most people dressed up and had a big park get together and they showed the movie Grease on the big screen. Was a great hit with our girls.

The park is on the Edwards River and had over 2m of water in it and we skiied every day, twice a day for the entire week. The interstate afternoon cricket matches were great also (Half of Melbourne was there I think). And beer o'clock at our CT overlooking the river every afternoon was a hard graft. :cheers

My best part was waking up and having my morning cuppa overlooking that beautiful river.....very peaceful. Until the birds started up ::()

We had a grassed powered site on the riverfront which was magnificent the grass was like carpet. That being said if we didn't have the riverfront site I wouldn't have stayed there as the sites over the back are not that great and it was very hot.

We were there with my extended family and we all had a lovely relaxing inexpensive holiday.
My parents headed about half an hour up the road after the week in Deni to a spot called Picnic Point which they said was lovely too.

During most of the year we are bush campers but once a year we splurge a bit and the kids love it and made some great friends.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Re: DENILIQUIN BIG 4

Postby Dettie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:13 pm

Wow! You can really see from your pics how much fun this trip was! That river spot looks like magic.

I have had a bit of a change of heart towards the Big4 parks after visiting a friend who was camping at the Darlington Beach (near Coffs) last year. The non powered sites were set amongst palm and gum trees, and the activities for the kids were incredible, including $50 helicopter joy flights off the beach, so I'm taking my young man there for the 2nd week of the April hols.

I'm definitely going to check out Deniliquin now too. Thanks for posting them!

Dettie

PS Next time you go there, let me know so I can gate crash and go on one of those boats you've got! ;)
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:19 pm

Looks GREAT xb67....thanks for sharing it with us.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:22 pm

The boat was my brothers as ours is just a humble fishing boat with a 60hp motor that now struggles to get the kids up on skiis as they are getting too big now, but yes it was great fun.... can't wait to go somewhere different next year.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to NSW