How do you find storage requirements with your CT?

General Discussion, tips and questions and answer on Camper Trailers. Buy and sell below in Vehicles for Sale.

Re: How do you find storage requirements with your CT?

Postby Dettie » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Thanks Sienna :)
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby xmasbaby67 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:31 pm

I only have the fridge in the back of our Prado. When bush camping I can fit most into the trailer including 2 swags. But when we go for more than a weekend I have had a big bag made for the top of our CT ($350) that I put all the kids (3) swags, bags & stuff which leaves heaps of room in the CT.

Our poles are all kept in the two pole holders on the front which frees up heaps of space in the trailer

Our kitchen is on our tailgate so that also leaves heaps of room in the trailer and in the kitchen I have all cutlery,plates,first aid kit, all cooking utensils plus stuff like foil,pot mitts,paper towels etc, also have washing up stuff stored in the sink itself to save room.

Here's a photo of it all loaded up to go with just chairs to be put in. All pegs,ropes & lights go into the tool box on the front so more room again. White top container is all our food and blue container is butane stove and all pots, marshmallow forks etc.
Hope these help. I always find seeing is beleiving. My best ideas I have got from seeing how others do it.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dettie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:04 pm

Xmasbaby, thanks for taking the time to show me first hand. Your setup looks pretty much exactly what I have in mind. I'll definitely be investing in the white pole tubes. I know it's probably better to get the kitchen box (as per yours that attaches to the gate, but I think I'll camp a few times with it before deciding how to layout the kitchen.

So exciting! I've just been in such a mish mash of which way to go ie buy a camper trailer or just hire a standard trailer each time we camp and just stick with the trusty Blackwolf Mojave tent... but for shorter stays what a nightmare of a job to pack it all up each time. On our last camping adventure I timed the length of time it took to pack up and it was nearly 1 and a half hours. In my mind, camper trailer will make a 4 week touring trip so easy for the short stops!

Thanks again.

Cheers
Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby xmasbaby67 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:35 pm

We absolutely looove our new CT. It is a Customline Off Road Deluxe.

We started out with an Oztrail Oddessy and then progressed to a second hand custom made CT with no kitchen at all and now to our new Customline.

We fit all three kids in with ease now (17, 14 & 11) and takes us less than 30 mins to have it all packed up when we have the annexe up but only 10-15mins with only the awning.

The pole holders are fabulous as you can just pack up as you go. We have one holder for the poles and one for the spreader bars.

Can't wait to get a free weekend to take it bush and chill out.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby snake_dr » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:20 pm

hey xmasbaby67 very good setup you have.

do you travel with your esky up on the tool box?

we are starting to plan longer trips and im not sure if a 60L fridge will be big enough with the 5 of us so have been thinking about esky options
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:28 pm

Yes we travel with the esky on top of the tool box.
Esky = drinks fridge
Primus 40L = food fridge
With three teenage kids we needed all the fridge just for food and the esky fits perfectly on top of the toolbox. The esky has little feet on it so it doesn't rub the toolbox at all and we tie it down with a strap. Esky is 55litre but not sure of the brand, will duck out to the shed tonight and have a look and let u know.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby snake_dr » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:39 pm

great thanks for the info and the idea, don't worry about the brand i was more interested in how you had it setup.

our toolbox is in the same spot so i think we'll give that a shot.

thanks!
snake_dr
Camping Veteran

Previous

Return to Camper Trailers