Luggaloo

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Re: Luggaloo

Postby CampGrrlz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:44 am

Join the camping forum and get your daily dose of humour! :*** Fabulous - thank you for sharing that story :grin:

OK Gypsy, why use Biomagic when you don't have to! And boy, do they know how to charge! The factory is a couple of suburbs away so I roared off down there to buy 4 litres of the stuff. Managed to convince the salesperson I was due for a discount but even so it was *way* over $100. So any substitute that is environmentally-friendly and serviceable is worth knowing about.

Gee, I wonder why you didn't just dry out the lights and re-use them ? ;)

Cheers

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:55 pm

CampGrrlz wrote:OK Gypsy, why use Biomagic when you don't have to!
Cheers Elaine

Elaine cost is only one reason, I don't use Biomagic......I recommend and use only the generic brand nappy soaker......and have done for quite some time....very happy with the cost and performance of it.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Bet men don`t have this problem.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dettie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Sorry Gypsy, I forgot to thank you for the Nappy Soaker recipe! $100... for 4 litres of toilet stuff compared to the generic Nappy Soaker and all being eco-friendly? Bring it on!

Elaine, if it were me, much to the disgrace of everyone around me, I probably would've washed them and reused them! :armsup

Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby CampGrrlz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Dettie wrote:I probably would've washed them and reused them! :armsup

!! The reality is that I would have chucked 'em too but the thought chased itself around in my mind and I like to raise a chuckle now and then. Life's too short to be too serious, especially when you get to pushing 70. ::)

Elaine
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby Dettie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:36 pm

CampGrrlz wrote:The reality is that I would have chucked 'em too

Elaine

Well in that case I definitely won't be telling you my DIY tent toilet mishap! :lol:
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby Poodle Jewel » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:51 pm

[quote=

Well in that case I definitely won't be telling you my DIY tent toilet mishap! :lol:[/quote]

Oh come on !!! we wouldn`t laugh at you :*** :*** :*** :***
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:47 pm

We will most probably laugh WITH you though......come on share the experience Detti.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Dettie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Oh ok... ok. Sooo... before the 11yo and I went on our October trip I was searching the web for a discrete method of being able to avoid visiting the park toilet facilities for that still-sleepy pre-dawn tinkle. I came across this thing called (don't laugh) a 'She-Wee' which is basically a funnel and I guess you pee into a bottle or something (gee it would be great to be a bloke sometimes!) but I didn't want to pee into a coke bottle where it would be so glaringly obvious what was inside the bottle. I thought I'd come up with a plan and go back to basics so remembered I used these 'Nappy Sacks' when the kids were babies for putting their dirty nappies in. They never leaked and they smelled nice, tied up nicely and held everything inside etc. So when stocking up on camping supplies for the trip, I bought a funnel, tissues and some nappy sacks. I'd discretely dispose of the nappy bag in the morning in my bin outside the tent and before my morning coffee.

Before heading of on the adventure, hubby and 18 yo asked what I was intending to use the funnel for... so reluctantly I told them... big mistake! :lol: They thought it was really feral of me... well yes but... you know... creature comforts while camping.

So I must say, it was quite a success and I was secretly proud of my little trick of mastery and disguise. So much so, that when we went camping with a few friends over a weekend in early December, I couldn't resist employing my secret invention.

Most of us walked off to the beach on the Sunday but the 11 yo and others his age stayed behind at the campsite... upon our return, my 11 yo... in front of everyone declared "Mum, you had better go and clean that up"... 'brat' I thought... but when I entered our stinking hot tent, I was mortified to find that I had forgotten to dispose of the damn nappy sack! My pee was puddled in the middle of the tent floor and everyone was standing around outside not really sure what to say. :-bang

Needless to say I wanted to dig a hole through the tent floor and bury myself alive... along with my leaked tinkle! ::()

When I gingerly cleaned up... (oh the humiliation) and came out and one of the teens made a joke at my expense, the only comeback I could think of was "Well at least I don't pee right next to the tent like you guys"... and to my utter relief, everyone looked away looking guilty and sheepish. My plan to divert the attention from me onto them actually worked... can you believe it?!

No more funnel/nappy sack combo for me... that invention was a bomb! :lol:

Dettie
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby CampGrrlz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Good grief, Dettie ... the embarrassment :oops:

Those feminine-bottle things ... like the one touted as 'new to Australia' that caused such ribaldry a while back on this forum. Well, they are far from new. Look around eBay and find a stack of them for sale. I thought it would be a neat idea for us, save lugging the loo especially on short trips. The other party just about had an apoplexy. It sounds like a great idea but I reckon the theory exceeds the practice or perhaps much is lost in the translation ;)

Elaine, firmly 'attached' to the idea of a porta-potty where one can tinkle in comfort.
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:55 am

No shame in having a small bucket and lid Dettie....just watch them all being carried to the amenities block every morning to dispose of the contents

....and definitely much better that piddling on the tree next to the tent like the guys do.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:57 am

yes i seen that other post but mostly the guys were on it lolhttp://forum.camping.com.au/viewtopi ... =66&t=4570
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby amanda » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:33 am

Oh so glad I'm not the only one to have an embarassing loo moment!
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt - then it's bloody hilarious!
amanda
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Dettie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:48 am

:*** But it was pretty funny! I was a bit disappointed that the guys and teens didn't see the humour in the situation, (one of them said "Oh that's disgusting"... so humiliation factor was HUGE) but I got them back ;)

There have got to be more fun loo mishaps out there! We won't laugh... promise ;)

Dettie
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:54 am

Ohhh never let the kids embarrass you Dettie....you are way smarter than them and I am sure quicker with wit too.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Guide