THE perfect camping spot

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

THE perfect camping spot

Postby Angel-eyes » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:20 pm

Hi
I live in Rosewood Qld and am wanting to find THE perfect camping spot for my family (kids 8, 9, 11) Iam picturing somewhere lush and green with a nicely running river for swimming and fishing with showers and toilets (Now I am pushing it :) ) Any and all information and suggestions would be appreciated
Have a great day
Angel eyes
Angel-eyes

Postby Ozzycamperboy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:18 pm

Anything with toilets and showers provided next to a river, will probably be next to a river you don't want to swim in :mrgreen: . There's plenty of QLD folk here so one of them should pipe up with something soon :grin:
Life's too short to be grumpy, SMILE :mrgreen:
PM me for all your window cleaning, pressure cleaning, and commercial cleaning needs!!
Nathan's Window Cleaning
Ozzycamperboy
Site Admin

CAMPING SPOT

Postby gqpatrol » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:28 pm

Is Darlington Park still available for camping? Gold coast hinterland. Flush toilets, no showers, nice creek (upper Albert or Coomera river?), grassy area, cricket oval. Was a nice spot to camp. Was run by Wildwood management or something like that.
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Darlington Park

Postby gqpatrol » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:32 pm

Last edited by gqpatrol on Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

darlington park

Postby gqpatrol » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:45 pm

Another link! Probably more recent relevant details.

http://www.bsc.qld.gov.au/shire_informa ... ng%20area'

:shock:
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Postby freerocketman1 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:23 am

welcom to the forum angel-eyes gq patrols second link has the best info for places that arnt that far for you to go.all of these sites have flushing toilits & are very nice the only thing that you need to do is get in early if you go camping at easter or chistmas as all of the parks get packed.we go down to burgess park all the time as hardly anyone camps there on weekends & it allows dogs but i must admit i prefer stinson park the best as the creek has lots of rock pools that make a great spar to sit in. If you have a 4x4 city-view 4x4 park is only 5mins away from beauderst,it has some great tracks & excellent views but there isnt anywhere to swim for the kids.I hope this helps with the bush camping & im sure some of the others in here can help with some more places.[ps there is some great beaches to like nth straddie bribie double island & rainbow beach all that are only a couple of hours away] .
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

another spot

Postby gqpatrol » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:58 am

Probably bit drier country, but nice and remote, near Gatton.
https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iapark ... parkId=559
8)
gqpatrol
Captain Camping

Postby Barby-Q » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:13 am

Try the Lions road near Rathdowney Andrew Drynan park . It has a toilet block on one side of the road and a Beautiful running creek the other . Or http://www.bigriggen.com.au and if you decide on bigriggen take the kids pushbikes
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby Barby-Q » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:17 am

Don't forget Stradbroke Island .
Andy & Ange
Barby-Q
Camping Oracle

Postby VADLEM » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:01 pm

We do Carlo point at rainbow beach a fair bit.. right down on the water open fires, pets, powered, all amenities unpowered sites also.. The sandflies can be a bit nasty in the warmer weather...
DAVE & MEL + 3.6 KIDSImage
VADLEM
Boy Scout

Neurum creek

Postby freerocketman1 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:36 pm

There is also another camp ground called neurum creek bush retreat its just about 10min west of woodford on the north side of brissy. it has powered & unpowered sites & nice level camp sites the only thing is the prices are a bit dear. http://www.ncbr.com.au/
freerocketman1
Blatant Padder

Return to Camping Tips and Locations