Cooking What do you use

OK so this is your home away from home right. So lets share a few of these tips and (secrets) of a great camping site.

Re: Cooking What do you use

Postby mytribe » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:51 pm

When we were tenting it we used a 2 burner camping stove, medium sized camp oven, open fire with a plate that hubby made with legs to go over the top, 2 small billys, 1 teapot billy and a small frypan :lol:

Now that we're in the caravan and have electricity we use the microwave, kettle, toaster and a 2 burner bbq, several microwave dishes and that's it. :*** the plan is not to cook in the caravan(besides microwave) so it doesn't smell or get greasy.
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Woodsy » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:58 pm

We use a 2 burner gas stove, and a small gas bbq that has a lid on it, as an oven, we cooked pizza in that and it tasted great!!

I would like to get away from the gas though and use an open fire, but you cant always have a fire.
Cheers Josh
Woodsy
Blatant Padder

Postby Ian S » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:52 pm

In the CT I have a fold up kitchen with a 3 burner gas stove and a round bbq. The camp oven is there as well along with my Chimea grill for cooking over the open fire. When I'm on my own or just go out for a simple o/n camp I just take along 2 portable gas stoves, Chimea grill and camp oven.
Life can throw nothing at you that beer won't fix
Ian S
Captain Camping

Postby Rosco1 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Ian, we have one of these jACKAROO COOKERS....Seems to make SWMBO happy (has to...it was her choice...lol)...I'm an out-door cooker on the open fire.
It fits on a shelf set-up I modified to take it c/w fire proof surrounds for safety.

Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life is not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
Rosco1
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Paul M1 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 am

Well here is what we are using
the fire pit is old 115l gas tank from 4wd the a frame home made to suit on ground fire pits but luckily fitted new fire pit

Cheers :beer

Morgo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morgo
Paul M1
Camping King

Previous

Return to Show Us Your Campsite