One Night near Sydney

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

One Night near Sydney

Postby missy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:49 pm

Hello all,

I tried searching for the above but because it was too broad it didn't come up with anything.

The weekend just past was my first one nighter camping experience and l loved it.

Went away with my partner and his parents to Upper Colo Reserve, just for the Saturday night and it was a fantastic quick easy getaway from it all.

Basically l'm asking if anyone could suggest any nice camping grounds that are:
  • Fairly open, no allocated camping sites
  • Hot showers ($1 operated or similar are fine)
  • Fairly quiet & cheap
  • Near a lake would be nice but not nessecary
  • Some easy tracks for driving, not extreme 4x4, but safe enough to use only one car
  • Must be <2 hours drive from western sydney, Colo was excellent, not too far away, but far enough to relax and enjoy

Thank you fellow campers :)
missy
Camping King

Re: One Night near Sydney

Postby 2003gxl » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:15 pm

Maybe you could try lake lyell at lithgow, thats only about 1 1/2hrs away
Greg
GXL 3ltr TD Prado Auto and Alloy Bullbar , IPF Extremes, Dual batteries, Safari Dtronics Chip radiator bash plate,uhf, Mandrel Bent Exhaust 2inch Lift & Gdyr MTR 70 series play tyres on steelies
2003gxl

Postby Dettie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:18 pm

Just got back from Glenworth Valley and ticks all your boxes. It's near Peats Ridge and has a flowing creek to swim in. www.glenworthvalley.com.au

Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby missy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi Dettie,

I looked at the website and it looks like a little spot of heaven here on earth!

Just have a few questions:

• Was it busy when you went? We are planning a weekend trip late April, just for the one night
  • Is there plenty of room? As in your not on top of your neighbours?

And 2003gxl, thanks l'll google it up now :)

- are these allocated sites or is it "set up camp where you want?"
missy
Camping King

Postby Dettie » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:57 am

Missy, there are several areas and very spacious, so you can pretty much camp where you want. It's a good spot!

Dettie
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby patty7862 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 am

Hi Missy

Bents basin has everything your asking for and is pretty close to you. I find Camping Australia book and also the National Park Guide (which is free from NP Offices) is great for camping spots especially close to Sydney. Also check out the National Park website as they have all their camping sites listed.

In my searching I have found that there is quite a few bush camping places around Sydney - no toilets or showers - which doesn't bother us as we are pretty self sufficent.

Cheers
Trish
patty7862
Camping King

Postby ozvader » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:44 pm

If your looking for a great place to camp that is close to Sydney but feel miles away try the Glenworth Valley.
http://www.glenworth.com.au/
Camping is reasonably priced it is quiet outside of major holidays and you can do alsprt of activities for a price. Horse riding, Abseiling, Quadbiking or Bushwalking.

I have a young family and we went with another family and we all had a great time.
ozvader

Return to Camping Tips and Locations