easter ... where are we all going

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: easter ... where are we all going

Postby Breidi Mac » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Dettie wrote:That puppy is a dead set chick magnet. Good move! :***

Dettie

Might have to send her out with my brother then since I am a married woman with 3 kids :lol:
Breidi Mac
Camping King

Postby Dettie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:29 pm

OK... how about... cougar style, man magnet? :***
The Queen of Glamping... in my mind anyway!
Dettie
Blatant Padder

Postby mytribe » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:03 am

I think we're going to Murrindindi for 3/4 nights,leaving the dogs at home with the older kids.
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Kbel » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:43 am

Going to work over Easter, but having 5 nights at Mt Warning in late April/early May.

How much do you think people will laugh when they see me unpacking an electric blanket?

:--?

Kirri
If a man speaks in the middle of the forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Kbel
Camping King

Postby Smileandhug » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:35 am

I will give you a hint about camping and finding a place. We camp to enjoy, we take what we need and we go to relax. So find that isolated spot. Well what I have done , is gone on that Sunday drive, approached locals of where there are places to camp and low and behold I have now 3 camping spots on 3 different private properties. All in different towns with 100km of Brissy. Its called the art of communicating. Pity so many dont know how to do it.
Plus dont have tunnel vision and be a sheep and follow others. Turn left or right and look around. Anyway all have a ripper Easter
I AM LIKE A HOLE IN THE GROUND WITH WATER IN IT - I AM WELL
Smileandhug
Camping Veteran

Postby xmasbaby67 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:54 am

SN - Make sure you put a review up when you get back from Newnes as that is one spot close to us (within 3 hrs) that I really would love to go and see. :armsup And the extra $$$$ will be good for the savings for a CT!!!

Titch - so really fair in my book....have fun & don't get too creative!!! :lol:

Smileandhug - I'm with you we always try to get away from the crowds and look for that quiet spot where no one else has thought to camp even if its a bit away from some drawcard spots like close to the creek etc, the kids will go and explore anyway during the day and at night it's nice and quiet. Dont get me wrong I still like mixing it with other campers but usually look for the forgotten spot.

Welcome to the forum Kbel ::)
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Rosco532 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:09 am

Looks like we are going to the Peterson Dam.....43% full.........one of the few Pet Friendly camps in the area......Bailie, our pet just loves swimming up there & plenty of room for her to play.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:56 am

Kbel wrote:Going to work over Easter, but having 5 nights at Mt Warning in late April/early May.

How much do you think people will laugh when they see me unpacking an electric blanket?

:--?

Kirri

Kbel can you post some pics and tell us a bit about Mt Warning,it has been discussed here and there about doing a group camp there,also find out if it is pet friendly.I am actually a local from Murwillumbah but haven`t camped at Mt warning other than in the old days where we just pitched on any empty piece of ground.Thanks Julieann
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Kbel » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi Julieanne,

I'll be going in May based on mum's recommendation.

She said it's really well placed, friendly park management and nice walks close by.

I like a powered site but also want a firepit and they said that was fine when I booked up, so I'll take lots of photos and give a proper report when I get back. :)

Kirri
If a man speaks in the middle of the forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
Kbel
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:48 pm

Rosco532 wrote:Looks like we are going to the Peterson Dam.....43% full..............

Is that Yallakool on Bejelke Petersen Dam??
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby mytribe » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:02 pm

We've had a change of location, seeing as how Murrindindi won't be open till later this year, we're going up to Upper Big River and hoping to get in early and get a site at Frenchmans Creek camp site.

So the kids will go from an all powered weekend a month ago back to no power, but at least we'll have solid roof over our head :lol:
Me,DH and 6 freeloading midgets..plus the furry animals
mytribe
Post Machine!

Postby Rosco532 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi Gypsy....yes,,,,Yallakool CP....NOW.....I can't believe it ...BUT....its changed again....We are going to Imbil now as I'm not sure about working this week-end afterall.....At least this way We will head to Imbil...and I will travel to & fro....If I'm called in.
Rosco532
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:51 pm

I am off to the beach with the hordes tonight....have a GREAT Easter everyone and SAFE travels.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:53 am

Have fun GL.

This "country" mouse is off tomorrow to visit her "city" mouse sister so have a great Easter everyone and look forward to hearing and seeing pics on how everyone's break went.

.**HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE**
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby markcrook » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:58 am

We have had a last minute change of plan - we are now heading to Dwellingup CP, which is a CP with a real bush camping feel but all the aminities (I cant spell). We got a cancellation yesterday - so will be heading off tomorrow morning for 3 nights. It's just going to be good to get away for a few days. Hopefully the fire ban has been lifted, but we still havn't had much rain (even after last weeks storms!)

We have got loads of geocahes to do in the area (which we love) so plenty of bush walking.

Tomorrow is my Birthday! ::)
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

PreviousNext

Return to Camping Tips and Locations