Happy campers wanted

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Happy campers wanted

Postby jac&mark+4 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 pm

We have a few families that we camp with quite regular, and wondering if there are any other perth based families/singles/couples interested in meeting up for weekends and school holidays. There are so many places we r yet to see and are already making our list of new places to go.

We are in our mid 30's, have 3 kids aged 15,15 and 11, and we always take our two cavalier dogs.
We do love to sit around a camp fire and have some quiet drinks :cheers but one of our friends once invited someone new along and he got very drunk and aggresive, luckily we had a lot of big males around to pull him into line (took em long enough 4am), :$ needless to say he packed up in a hurry the next morning and left without even an apology, so any big drinkers or rowdy late nighters please dont read any further, as he ruined a place we have been going to for 3 years.

We are in the process of upgrading from our canvas tent to either a jayco campervan or a caravan, we r heading more along the lines of the jayco that pops out a double at each end (just trying to sell the boat to do so), our friends just got themselves a new jayco flamingo, nice!!!

So if anyone is interested maybe u would like to join us, hopefully u might bring with u some wisdom of some great places to go, lovely company & some great round the fire laughs. Kids are always welcomed & also dogs as long as they are well behaved and good with kids & other dogs.

So dont be shy :#
jac&mark+4
Boy Scout

Re: Happy campers wanted

Postby Bradd » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Love to join you, but the approx 3,506 between us is a bit of a hurdle :cry:
We have a 3, 14 & 15 yo , no dogs but don't mind them
Also love a few quiet drinks around the camp fire,
where I tend to get sleepy rather than loud/aggressive.

I fully intend to do the big trip one day as my Best Friend from school lives over there.
So might catch up with WA forum members then.
Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations.
When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong. ~George Carlin
Bradd
Camping Oracle

Postby markcrook » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi Jac and Mark, :hello:

We would love to meet up with like minded campers. We are a family of 4 and a half (the half being a minature labradoodle, who normaly holidays with relies!). We (well I am) late 30's, but much younger at heart (I still surf, body board and know that pester power rules and works!). We have two girls who are 9 and 7.

We have a camper trailer and a Jeep (so do a bit of gentle off-roading), apart from the beach and camping we also like to wet a line and drown some bait and we are also into geocaching.

We also enjoy a drop of the red stuff of an evening - but because of my advancing years :# , we never go to excess!

We try to head south (Bussleton, Bunbury, Margs etc) at leat one weekend in four and are still trying to find somewhere to go over the easter long weekend. We want to try bush camping but have just stuck to CP's at the moment as we would prefer to go with someone else.

We would love to meet up and make some new freinds to share our love of camping with (we live in the Southern Suburbs).

Mark
Knock me down I get right back up again,
Come back stronger than a powered-up Pac Man
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby jac&mark+4 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:51 pm

:hello:

We are hoping to head to pinjarra over the easter weekend, have u heard of pinjarra country camping?, its set up on the back of a farm, 2 nice size camp kitchens and ur own ensuite, nice large grassed powered camp areas, they also allow dogs and fires. Its one of our fav places, as there is only 8 ensuites it doesnt get over busy, i just have to see if they are vacant. Just going to have book under a diff name after last time we were there :shock:
If ur interested i can post some photos of the place to give u an idea.

One of our friends have 2 girls about ur girls ages, they would love it having other girls to play with, my girls can be real moody snobs at time.
Fishing.........we love fishing, cant get enough of it :grin:

Im interested in hearing more about this geocaching, use to do something similar with my mum when i was a kid, suppose i need a gps not just a navman?

nice to meet u's

jacinta & mark
jac&mark+4
Boy Scout

Postby markcrook » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi Jacinta,

My parents live in Pinjarra and they have never heard of Pinjarra Country Camping either, it is only half an hour from us - thanks to the new freeway, but sounds like it maybe a go for a weekend away. Would love to see some piccies.

We have just booked into Moora shire caravan park for the Easter Weekend ($16.50 a night inc power) was recomended to us last easter when we stayed in Kalbarri, by some people who had stopped there on there way up. All grass sites, pets allowed, new ablutions etc. I will post a review when we get back.

Geocaching is great fun and adictive, we have just spent a weekend in Bunbury and did 16 caches (to take us to a 100 finds) we have also hidden 7. You can use a car satnav (that is how we started) but it is much easier with a small hand held GPSr. We have a Garmin etrex and it does the job well. Have a look at http://www.geocaching.com/

Mark
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby jac&mark+4 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:50 am

Pinjarra country camping is only a couple of km down past the pub on williams rd. Not may peple have heard of it, which is the best part, and it is grasses everywhere. These r the only photos i could find at the moment, ur not on top of each other either , as this is a group of 3 families in the first area near enquite 1, they have an area for each ensuite, most are seperate by bushes.
We have decided to head up to cervanties this easter, if they ever get back to us.

One of the camp kitchens (take own drinking water) and an idea of the ensuites (left) each contain a shower, toilet and a basin with a little veranda on each.

jac&mark+4
Boy Scout

Postby markcrook » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:56 am

Looks a great spot, we will have to try it at some point, maybe a dry winter weekend.

Where are you planning on staying in cervantes? We have stayed at the Pinnacles caravan park and it wasn't the greatest and I can imagine it will be busy over easter, I wrote a review which is here - viewtopic.php?f=113&t=3902
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby jonno » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi Jacinta, Mark :)

I'm 29, my fiance is 25, and our daughter just turned 4. We all love camping, especially little miss! Introduced my fiance to camping about 3yrs ago - she loves it but still needs showers and flushable toilets nearby (for now ;) )

Love the whole camping/fishing/boating/4wd adventure malarky - can't get enought of it to be honest. We are non-smokers and light drinkers. Definately not the kind to get crazy drunk / aggressive etc - we are with you when it comes to distancing yourself from those type of people ;)

We'd be keen to tag along for a catchup weekend of camping, fishing, 4wd exploring, and love to learn about geocaching aswell! Sounds fun!

Rgds, Jon.
jonno
Boy Scout

Postby markcrook » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Maybe we should look at doing a West Coast gathering, like they are planning over on the other side?
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby jonno » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:51 pm

Sounds like a top idea mark :)

I read about Geocaching after your post above, and downloaded the app to my iPhone. Popped our cherry with a find down in Dawesville last weekend, and found it all very exciting! The missus loves it!
jonno
Boy Scout

Postby pmenzies » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:18 am

Hi guys, My husband & I have 4 children ages 5, 4, 2 & 1 yrs (no pets, but don't mind them) we live just North of Perth and would love to get out of the house, go tenting and enjoy the outdoors. :P We don't mind where we go up or down the coast as all WA is beautiful. Do you guys have a club or regular get togethers, weekend camping trips etc. Would love to get together with some people and enjoy a weekend away.
Pam
pmenzies

Postby Titch » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:53 am

pmenzies wrote:Hi guys, My husband & I have 4 children ages 5, 4, 2 & 1 yrs (no pets, but don't mind them) we live just North of Perth and would love to get out of the house, go tenting and enjoy the outdoors. :P We don't mind where we go up or down the coast as all WA is beautiful. Do you guys have a club or regular get togethers, weekend camping trips etc. Would love to get together with some people and enjoy a weekend away.
Pam

Pam, you may have to wait until after Easter and the school holidays to get a response.

welcome to the forum :armsup
Titch
Marriage Equals a life Sentence
Titch
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby markcrook » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 am

pmenzies wrote:Hi guys, My husband & I have 4 children ages 5, 4, 2 & 1 yrs (no pets, but don't mind them) we live just North of Perth and would love to get out of the house, go tenting and enjoy the outdoors. :P We don't mind where we go up or down the coast as all WA is beautiful. Do you guys have a club or regular get togethers, weekend camping trips etc. Would love to get together with some people and enjoy a weekend away.
Pam

Hi Pam,

Titch was right I think we were all away fro the weekend! Welcome to the forum.

We have just come back from a weekend at Dwellingup Caravan Park, which is only about 50mins from home, but it was really good to have a couple of nights away.

We haven't organised any get togethers for the West Aussies of the forum yet but think it would be good for a meet up at some point. I guess we need to pick a date and location and see who can come.

Mark
markcrook
Blatant Padder

Postby tbsin » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:53 pm

We are in Perth as well and love to camp. A get together at some stage sounds great.

We are off to Bridgetown this weekend but love to pop out whenever the mood strikes. We have 3 kids 14, 7 & 6 who all love the outdoors.

Camping with other families can be a great experience for everyone and is good for the kids to have others to throw a ball to! A quiet drink is the way to go and it helps that others around don't mind the fact that kids are noisy sometimes ;)
tbsin

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi Pam and WELCOME to the forum.....as the guys have already mentioned, yes many of us have been away camping over the Easter break.

Have a look around the forum, lots of great info here and happy campers to help you out with any questions.....so ask away. We are also interested to hear of your adventures and pix are always good.

Cheers......
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Groups & Activities