Need a quicker way to put up the annex

Questions, comments, discussions and reviews on equipment, outdoor gear etc.

Need a quicker way to put up the annex

Postby capella_ben » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:31 pm

I have a CT with an annex and full walls. The walls are easy to put up but getting the annex up with all the spreader bars takes forever. Does everyone use all the spreaders bars on their annex or just the bare minimum. I guess local conditions (wind rain etc) will dictate how strong the make the annex.

But if you have any tips on how to get the annex up quicker I'd love to hear them.

Ben
capella_ben
Captain Camping

Re: Need a quicker way to put up the annex

Postby xmasbaby67 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Do you leave your awning zipped on when you pack up Ben?

We have the same CT as you and we leave our awning on all the time and now it usually only takes us about 20mins to get the tent and awning up. On our old CT we didn't have any spreader bars at all but it was only a 9ft tent and the new one is 12ft and we find it sags if we dont use them. We have a system now that we get the step out and because we have the two pole carriers I get them out and hubby puts them together.

We put the high spreader bars in the hooks first and let hang, then all the poles and keep it low then put the ropes on and keep fairly slack and then put the spreader bars in and I gradually lift it all as hubby puts them all together.

You will find the more you do it the quicker and easier it becomes. We even set our awning up for an overnighter a couple of weeks ago and the extra time pays off.
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Gear Guide