Moruya North Head Camping Ground?

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Moruya North Head Camping Ground?

Postby Lin » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:13 pm

Anyone been there? It's quite a bit closer than Mystery Bay where we normally go and it seems to be an off-leash beach as opposed to a shared beach like at Mystery. I also like it being near the river.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Re: Moruya North Head Camping Ground?

Postby CampGrrlz » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Not in modern times! My grandparents lived at Moruya which I visited as a child several lifetimes ago. Even been to the north head once, the one from which the granite for the Sydney Harbour Bridge was mined. Historical trivia aside - I hope you do go there, have a fabulous time and post a few pix for this nostalgia buff to get off on ;-)

Elaine
Two old boilers are armchair Glampers ;-)
CampGrrlz
Camping Queens

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:08 pm

CampGrrlz wrote: Even been to the north head once, the one from which the granite for the Sydney Harbour Bridge was mined.

As wonderful as I think I am, I still learn something new everyday. I know that Paul hogan worked on the bridge. :lol:

I've only driven through Moruya, but maybe this might help you find a place to stay, things to do, places to eat etc. http://www.totaltravel.com.au/travel/ns ... ry/caravan
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby Lin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:46 pm

I know Moruya, but was hoping that someone might be able give me a personal account of the camping ground. I'll just have to try it out and then I can write a review. :)

I think it probably would get very busy in peak season, but then so does Mystery.

There is one downside to the location: I'd have to go over the Clyde and I hate the traffic on that road. There are way too many idiots on there when it gets busy. I much perfer the Brown Mountain road.

If I'm really keen I can take the dirt road from Araluen. It's pretty hairy though and I have to go 40kph most of the way (and it's about 100kms!). Last time I took that road I had locals trying to convince me to turn my little Astra back and take the highway. They thought I just got lost. It's a fun road to drive on if you're not in a hurry though.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Return to Camping Tips and Locations