What 4x4 do you drive?

Let’s hear about all those weekend toys for the boys (and girls) boats, skis, camper trailers, motor homes, 4wheel drives OK even airplanes (again add the make and model to the title we will organise as it gets unmanageable).

Re: What 4x4 do you drive?

Postby xmasbaby67 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:13 pm

We drive a 2005 Prado VX, V6 petrol.
We love it as it fits all the kids in comfortably (17yo is now 6ft and his two sisters as closing the gap very quickly) We can fit 3 grown men in the back seat!!!
It towed the old CT loaded to the hilt(in photo) & the new CT like a dream. Absolutely Looooove my Prado!!!!!!
This photo was taken two years ago not long after we got it with our old CT on behind it.

We had a dual cab Nissan Navara ST-R Turbo Diesel but ended up selling it as we had very little legroom in the rear seat for the kids and it was a bit rougher ride than the Prado, but served us well & it never missed a beat.

Eyed off the new Nissan Patrol that was released in Dubai the weekend before last and WOW it looks just like a Landcrusier.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/13/all-new-nissan-patrol-unveiled-in-the-uae/

Love the new Landcrusiers but not the cash that you have to fork out..... I could buy a small house here for that sort of cash!!!!! ::() The new Prado Kakadu starts at $100K ridiculous really :cry:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:41 pm

I am at this time considering updating to the new 70 series GXL Workmate V8 diesel wagon. Not immediately but perhaps within 12 months. They are a lot better priced than their stable mates
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:35 pm

Suzuki Vitara JLX LWB 1.6L EFI :booty
3" Suspention lift
2" body lift
Maxxis All Terrain's and 30" BFG Mud tyre's for the harder/funner stuff.
and a whole lot of attitude

The reason I chose a Suzuki
+ FUEL EFFICIENCY !!!!!!
+ Cheap and easy to maintain
+ Aftermarket support / upgrades available
+ Small and lightweight but big enough for me and my girlfriend
+ It's able to tow my Suzuki powered tinny (It's a funny sight to see)
+ It can do what the bigger trucks can do, only better ;)
+ And I think it's a lot more fun than a bigger 4B

I am sooo glad I sold my Commodore for it, It has taken me to places I wouldn't have thought about visiting,

Crossing the Abercrombie river
Getting lost at Yalwal
Playing in the sand dunes at Stockton
Watagan State forrest - 4wd mecca
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby Beau » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:41 pm

1992 LADA NIVA ::) 4 cilinder carby constant 4X4 difflock low and high range, ( why does it have 3 gearsticks? LMAO ) A simple machine, and dead easy to mechanic, the inside is back to front as any car born from Russia would be, ignition and indicators on on the left etc.

Yes yes I know :--?
We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home, in towns and cities. -Nessmuk
Beau
Camping King

Postby capella_ben » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:40 pm

I have a 1997 Toyota Hilux.

We used to run out of space in the tray when we went camping. Now with the CT we have room for yet more junk.

Ben
capella_ben
Captain Camping

Postby Dodgy_Dave » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:05 pm

Good bog hole you found in the 2nd photo, Top stuff !!
Dodgy_Dave
Camping Veteran

Postby lighting A » Tue May 29, 2012 1:09 pm

It's really good to have one car like that. It reminds me of the free life I always dream of. But it's very terrible when my car was stuck and I have no idea what to do in the wild. If there was a bright enough light on my car that time, I would not have to wait for so long to get help. So when I came back I installed a super bright LED work light which help me a lot on the key moment. ::)
Professional in producing low power consumption, long life span and environment friendly LED products for caravan, 4x4 off road, motorhome, boat, etc. http://www.alled.com.au ALLED--your lighting expert.
lighting A
Boy Scout

Previous

Return to Recreation Vehicles