Queens Birthday Long Weekend Camping Get Together

Community groups, clubs etc. tell us about yourselves, who can join, activities, post notices and events.

Moderator: amanda

Queens Birthday Weekend Get Together

Yes - sounds good to me, I'm interested
44%
No - won't be able to make it
38%
Maybe - I'll fence-sit for a while
19%

Total votes : 16

Re: Queens Birthday Long Weekend Camping Get Together

Postby lissyclee » Thu May 06, 2010 3:43 pm

I've been looking at Neurum Creek, It looks good with kids and i read there are a lot with no kids go aswell... Shawn
lissyclee
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 06, 2010 3:49 pm

I don't like Neurum Creek, I object to paying a $7 site fee on top of my camping fees. If you want somewhere good for the kids have a look at Island Reach at Imbil http://www.ircamping.com.au/

or even Borumba Deer Park at Imbil.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby lissyclee » Thu May 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Yes, that Island Reach looks really nice aswell. I'll talk to the wife when she gets in... If the kids are entertained then we have a good time. If not then i might aswell listen to them moaning at home. If you get what i mean. Shawn.
lissyclee
Boy Scout

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 pm

Yep Shawn....I get what you mean.

Here is the site for Borumba Deer Park www.borumbadeerpark.com
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu May 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Well i have also booked some where else,no one was answering and they wanted me to pay the deposit or they were giving my site away..he told me no one from a group called camping.com had booked,so i`d say it`s a no go.Don`t know what has happened to Amanda?? she hasn`t been on for a few weeks and she was the one that had originally spoke to them and she says she asked them to keep 8 sites but he knows no one by the name Amanda either..with it being a long week end i`b be booking some where or you will miss out.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 06, 2010 6:22 pm

PJ...maybe Amanda is away or even unwell, she has not been here since April 14.

I do understand your disappointment though and there does seem to be a history of these events falling over.

The fact that the guy Peter from MCE knows nothing of this event is a bit of a concern though.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby dea » Thu May 06, 2010 7:14 pm

gypsylady wrote:I don't like Neurum Creek, I object to paying a $7 site fee on top of my camping fees. If you want somewhere good for the kids have a look at Island Reach at Imbil http://www.ircamping.com.au/

or even Borumba Deer Park at Imbil.

GL .. island reach looks lovely.. how long does it take to get to from brissy???? & very cheap too.. love that !!!
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby dea » Thu May 06, 2010 7:15 pm

gypsylady wrote:PJ...maybe Amanda is away or even unwell, she has not been here since April 14.

I do understand your disappointment though and there does seem to be a history of these events falling over.

The fact that the guy Peter from MCE knows nothing of this event is a bit of a concern though.

yes very dissapointing.. how can we organise one without it falling over !!!!
dea
Camping Oracle

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 06, 2010 7:26 pm

dea wrote: how can we organise one without it falling over !!!!

That's a tuff one dea.....perhaps it needs to be closer to the date and just arranged....you turn up if you can or want to and you don't show if it does not suit. You'll lose some but you may also win some.

Sometimes I think there is too much discussion about it and not much in the action department....not really sure but that's my take on it.

My experience in the past is that it always helps if a group discount can be arranged as well.

There were 2 from memory a couple of years ago and they seemed pretty successful at the time but there has not been anything since and I think this is a problem as well.

Too long between drinks so to speak.
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Thu May 06, 2010 7:42 pm

I went to their group camp at Bribie Island but the majority of those people no longer seem to be with us,Troyk,Al and Sharon...Phil..Derek..Rainbowgirl ...the family with a million kids from Jimboomba and a few others...not that that should matter,every one seems keen when it is mentioned then it all fizzles out..I do think Murphys was too pricey but i was willing to pay it for the group meeting.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Thu May 06, 2010 9:17 pm

That was some time back, hey PJ??

I agree MCE is too expensive and possibly a bit too far for some people.....but maybe we are just making excuses.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby gmhemi » Fri May 07, 2010 8:41 am

We are going to bestbrook mountain for camping, never been there ,they sound nice on the phone and have plenty of things to do for adults and kids including farm activities(milking cows,egg colecting),horse riding,pony rides, train for the kids,ect. Sound good but we'll find out.
gmhemi
Camping King

Postby GypsyLady » Fri May 07, 2010 8:46 am

Bestbrook gets a pretty good rev by some of the members here and for this reason I had a look at the website with a view to going one weekend.

THEN I found out they allowed motorbikes and that put me off.....I remember what it was like in days gone by at Black Duck Valley and Manar with the motor bikes. I will not be going at any time on the weekends but may well consider a mid week excursion.

Look forward to hearing your comments on your return gmhemi.

GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby Poodle Jewel » Fri May 07, 2010 10:09 am

My poodles would not be happy with motor bikes about..depends if there is a separate area waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy away from the camp sites..i tend to avoid a lot of those types of places that have a million activities, too noisy for me but then again i understand i have no children to entertained..I have booked Sharps Park again,not very adventurous i know but it is quiet ,short distance to travel and suits me for a quiet get away..the owners know me and the dogs quite well now so all is good.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby lissyclee » Fri May 07, 2010 4:41 pm

Would that be the Bestbrook Mountain Resort, Am i right in that they charge $12 per person per night plus $6 per night for power... That would be $66 per night for our family. Double the other places i'm looking at. Maybe i'm reading it wrong.
lissyclee
Boy Scout

PreviousNext

Return to Groups & Activities