Help required

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Help required

Postby happycampers1 » Mon May 10, 2010 12:44 pm

My family (38yrs, 3yrs and 1yr old) and I are currently trying to organise a "Campervaning" holiday from Port Douglas to Yeepoon. Any tips on any good sites/places (Budget conscious and family friendly) to stay at along the way would be a great help.
happycampers1

Re: Help required

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:43 pm

WELCOME TO THE FORUM :+

We have a lot of QLDers here so they will know all the best spots.

Gorgeous place up there but have only been there for family hols 30 years ago (Yepoon) and a conference in Port Douglas 10 years ago so Im not much help to you but wanted to say welcome. :lol:
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon May 10, 2010 4:33 pm

If you are looking for budget then I suggest you buy the Camps Aust Wide 5 publication as it has heaps of free and lost cost camping venues in it. If you belong to the RACQ or any auto club, purchase it from them as they give members a discount

Also have look at this website http://ozcamps.net/

I also suggest that you look back through the old threads on this forum and you will find lots of useful info.

The local Tourist Info Centres are also great and most states put out a free Caravan Parks Directory. Here is the Qld one http://www.caravanqld.com.au/parks/cara ... ctory.aspx

Might also be a good idea to tell us whether or not you intend to go via the coast or inland.

Make the internet your friend and research, research, research.

The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby happycampers1 » Mon May 10, 2010 4:54 pm

Thank you for the advice, we will look into it. We intend to travel the coast land, but we are open for ideas if there is something worth seeing inland (not too far off the beaten track).
happycampers1

Postby Poodle Jewel » Mon May 10, 2010 7:35 pm

It depends on a lot of things, how far do you want to drive each day ? if you like a place will you stay longer ? How long do you have to do this trip? I`m at the other end and haven`t been past Yepoon so can`t really help..the camps five book that Gypsy mentioned is worth every cent though. Good luck.
The Lord is my shepard,i shall not want......only sometimes.
Poodle Jewel
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Return to Camping Tips and Locations