We bought one of the Myer vacuum sealers a while ago. Before we went off on the Easter outback trip we vacuum sealed up a whole load of stuff, froze some, chilled other. Some observations...
1. It has a low enough power consumption to run on our 150W inverter in the 4WD.
2. We took it, but didn't use it.
3. Meat seems to stay frozen longer after being vacuumed.
4. Veggies stay fresher once vacuumed and sealed and chilled in the fridge.
5. Lettuce mix looks cool when it's in the bag after being vacuumed and sealed - but it doesn't 'refresh' when you open the bag!
Incidentally - I find in fun to use - but am a bit concerned about Jo naming it the "machine that sucks."