Sloping blocks

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Sloping blocks

Postby capella_ben » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi all,

We have a camper trailer and whenever we go camping I'm always looking for the nicest flat and level site. A lot of good places do have sloping sites. Anyone got any tips on what to do about a sloping site?

I guess you orient your tent/trailer so the head of head of the beds are higher. With a CT you can level the bed out a bit, but the Kids can tend to slide downhill....

Thanks

Ben
capella_ben
Captain Camping

Re: Sloping blocks

Postby Chicky Babe » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:07 am

Hi Ben,

I tend to find the spot I like and is safe and then dig a hole with the shovel at the highest level to drive the tyre on that side in. one of those cross spirit levels on the drawbar are a great little invention to use to adjust your height of the hole and the jockey wheel. I used to use several timbers to drive on...too hard...hole is much easier and you can put the dirt back once you are ready to leave.

:)
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:29 am

With my old CT I used to dig a hole and I also had a set of those yellow wedges that a lot of caravanners have as well.

With my current camper, I just push the button and level it with the air bag suspension...too easy and well worth the additional cost.

Of course the trick is to find the best level possible first and then bring all the other into play.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby gmhemi » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:49 am

We use a car jack on the low end to level out the trailer . Sometimes we use two on bad slopes. The trouble is the camper floor is still on the slope but the beds a blocked up level for the kids. We use frame beds for the kids(three) and just leave the legs off when packed in the camper travelling
gmhemi
Camping King

Postby capella_ben » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks. All good ideas. I like the airbag suspension!!

Ben
capella_ben
Captain Camping

Postby GypsyLady » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:45 pm

capella_ben wrote: I like the airbag suspension!!

Ben

So do I Ben....it's great.
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Return to Camping Tips and Locations