breaking the cherry

Looking for some tips or advice on camping or where to camp? Post you questions or comments here. General Camping information.

Re: breaking the cherry

Postby GypsyLady » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:40 am

stevo wrote: don't just have to sit there bored all day.

Who is bored doing this??????
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby stevo. » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:54 am

well, strange i know, but some people just don't like camping, and sit there complaining about sand, or ants and flies and the heat.
my dodgy blog www.shackers.net
stevo.
There is no conspiracy here....

Postby Lin » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:58 pm

and don't just have to sit there bored all day

I never get bored when camping because I just enjoy sitting outside in nature.

Fly/mozzie repellent, comfortable beds and chairs and a tarp if there's a chance of rain are a must!
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby Chicky Babe » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:16 am

No boredom...read a book...chat...teach kids something new...enjoy nature...if bushcamping dig a hole...make new friends...
or don't....just enjoy our beautiful country..there are plenty of places for all types of campers..
just look...how great is the internet and this forum for finding what fits for you!!!

Camping is about relaxing...not for all...but try it...had city people who refused for years..
now avid campers and naturals...all they want to do is camp...and very basically too I might add.
Family of 7 camp simpler than famly of 3....It's all about perception...and a beautiful Australia to
investigate!!!
Chicky Babe
Camping Veteran

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:08 pm

No boredom here either..... :mrgreen:

I actually enjoy just sitting doing NOTHING for change.... OMG shock horror........ahhh the serenity!!! :cheers

Or I may push myself and stoke the fire, read a book, lift the glass of red to drink, but I REEAAALLY enjoy just sitting in my comfy camp chair in the morning having my cuppa by the fire with my eyes closed and the sun on my face!!!!! Did that on the Monday morning of the long weekend and they had trouble shifting me so we could pack up and get going home :cry: I did move eventually but not till my cuppa was finished. :***
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby GypsyLady » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:45 pm

xmasbaby67 wrote: I did move eventually but not till my cuppa was finished. :***

Good on you for 'sticking to it' XB

You know the old saying....when you're on a good thing.....
The worst day camping still beats the best day working
GypsyLady
Difficult Customer

Postby xmasbaby67 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:15 pm

YEP!!!! Told hubby I didn't want to go home.

Hubby likes to starting putting bits and pieces away early and start packing up straight after brekky, whereas I am way more reluctant to go, so now he just potters around pulling pegs out here and there, rolling swags up while I just enjoy the last little bits before I get right into the packing up stage!!! :***

Works well :+
xmasbaby67
Mr(or Mrs) Dribble

Postby Lin » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:50 pm

I need my morning ritual before the big pack-up. And then I don't stop until everything is in the car EXCEPT my chair. Before I leave I will sit down for 30 mins or longer if I can and enjoy the view and the serenity before the drive home. I organise my boot around being able to put my chair in last (and get it out first)!

And ditto with the sitting doing nothing. So little opportunity to do that at home.
Lin
Grandpa Talks Alot eh?

Postby elpaulos » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 pm

On a more slyer note it's a great way to get a bit more budget for camping. "Oh we CAN buy a toilet shower tent and a generator, don't forget to rig the car up for those hot shower doh-dads".
If you have a 4wd, there are some great camp spots in the Blue Mountains outside Lithgow. Mind the 4yo doesn't go walkabout.

Good luck with that though
Cheers & beers :beer
91 Landcruiser.
elpaulos
Camping Veteran

Postby gmhemi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:54 pm

I tend to rush around setting up in a big hurry just to do nothing (always can't help it).
Then I seem to have no time after resting (little nap), read, stoke the fire, chat, admire my setup, take photo's ......whew stressfull :grin:
gmhemi
Camping King

Previous

Return to Camping Tips and Locations